Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,925   Posts: 1,585,030   Online: 1007

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll echo all the sentiments expressed here... a wonderful group, a gracious host, outstanding work and presentations.
    Jamie's group photo with his circuit camera was a hoot...as most were running around (literally in circles) to get their mug in 2-3 times...comical but fun.

Joe worked hard to get a photo of me...sitting for the camera is not my "thing", but happy to oblige.

It's a beautiful area for those who haven't been.
    Thanks again to all for sharing and to Bill for hosting.

Only 2000 more miles to go...(sigh).
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I would like to thank Bill for organizing such a wonderful event. What a beautiful area of the world , Laura , Nicole , Barney, Lucy and I arrived home around 10pm last night with lots of fond memories of the last few days.

thanks Bill it was great , I think photostock should be expanded next year, as the facilities at the Birchwood would be able to handle a very large group as well as some interested trade partners to attend.

looking forward to next year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to Bill, Joe Smigiel, Bob and everyone for making it a great week. Bill - I really appreciate the time you send to make it happen! It was fun to have such an enthusiastic group to shoot yesterday. I look forward to next year, and hope to have the shots up quicker this time. Can't wait to work on the photos I took, and see everyone else's work from the week. Jamie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Bill, I had a blast meeting everyone last week. Great fun, and a great place to shoot. Thank you for opening up your place and sharing your favorite haunts with us. Also thanks to the generous and passionate people I met these last few days I'll be there next year!
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are all too kind! Thanks again for coming and making it such a blast. Here is the group shot folks. Anyone care to do a caption and ID's? I still haven't recovered completely...

It would be great if we could remember the "not pictured" as well. I know a lot had come and gone by this time.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Bill -- I had a great time, and enjoyed meeting a great bunch of people. I look forward to seeing what I got on 24 rolls of film from that week. Just a digi shot that I also got on film, but this barn was way cool... http://www.flickr.com/photos/mfobrien/2622584455/
    Marc and I had a great time driving around and shooting.
    Thanks so much for hosting such a fun event!

Cheers,
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What can I say, a fantastic event - well done Bill! Merlot was perfect!! The events were great!! Wish we had a few more days of this. It was a real pleasure to meet everyone that was there! I just loved the marshmellow sandwich (forgot the local term). You certainly don't need more than one! Dan's guitar playing and voice ( Firephoto ) by the fire at night was beautiful!! Thank you Dan!

You realise that it's all your turn to come to Australia now.

Photostock was the highlight of my month long trip and pure relaxation. I'm off on my flight home now from Toronto (will be home Wednesday afternoon). I'll check back in when I get home.

Anyone on Skype that was at Photostock?

(I must sincerely apologise though, since I was the only person with Merlot bottles (can't say "It wasn't me!", I forgot to take them with me to throw in the rubbish - so sorry!! I hope someone took them - and wasn't cursing this Aussie too much.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow, what an exended weekend! It was great meeting new people and reconnecting with those I met last year. I'd like to thank everyone for all the great conversations and sharing. Special thanks to Bill for organizing the event and opening his house and property to us all. Finally thanks to the presenters. I still feel like I'm decompressing from it all but I can't wait to see what I put on those 14 rolls of film!

Gim

What a great gathering. Educational, inspirational, and with the finest group of people you can put together. And, its all your fault Bill. Thanks for all you do.
    Last edited by Gim; 06-30-2008 at 11:34 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: can't spell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Man, what a blast! That was the most fun I've had in quite a while. Bill you're an excellent host. Thank you many times over for all you did.

It was very fun watching Bill do his wet collodian process at his awesome trailer. His passion for it is more than evident and the results were magic.

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all the APUG'rs that were there over the last five days. What an absolute quality group of folks! It was great to meet and talk with the famous Nicole and assist her with the campfire shots of the singing and guitar-playing Dan "FirePhoto" Henderson (who was excellent!). Bombing around and photographing the beautiful countryside with one of the several Marks that were there, in this case, Mark "mfobrien" O'Brien, was great fun (thanks for the TechPan!). Hanging out and shooting with Tom "Toffle" from Canada was enjoyable, too (thanks for the Kodachrome 25!!!). Meeting the North Shore folks, Ike and Andrew and Thomas was great, as well. I'll see you guys in September! Can't mention everyone, but, for people like Vinny and Matt to come all the way from California, not to mention Nicole from Australia and Bob Carnie and his wife from Toronto, and others who drove for hours to attend, is a testament to Bill's integrity and, for that matter, to the integrity of Sean's APUG in general. Pretty cool stuff.

Anyway, the programs were excellent, the portfolios were jaw-dropping and I can't believe how fast it all went. I'm not one to wish my life away, but I can't wait for next year's Photostock!

Marc
    Last edited by Marc Akemann; 06-30-2008 at 01:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin