Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,428   Online: 797

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well here's a couple things fresh off the scanner. I pushed some Ilford Delta 400 to 800 and developed it in Xtol for 10min.

Jamie and his Cirkut:

The Group:

Little gloves:

Ok, on that last on I have to confess, Jeff told me he thought about shooting the little gloves on the clothesline. Was walking back from Bill's house after getting my insulin out of his fridge, saw them and had 1 shot left on my roll. So if you didn't get it Jeff, here it is. Otherwise, hat tip :-)

-James

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    What a pleasure to meet again or the first time, so many interesting and enjoyable people. How great to sit down to a meal, even breakfast at the Big Chicken, or a hillside at O’Neal Lake, and within minutes have a wonderful conversation going with strangers about out favorite subjects. Thank you Bill for making it happen. Thank you all for bringing so much to the party.

One mystery solved. Large Format camera builder Dick Phillips did not show up for dinner at Legs as planned. While driving back from visiting their son in Montana, Dick and Judy discovered their house in Midland had been hit by lightning. They drove straight through to assess damage and start replacing computer, garage door opener and answering machine that had been blown out. That didn’t stop them from being gracious hosts on my way back to Ohio.

John Powers
    Last edited by jp80874; 07-02-2008 at 07:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmxphoto View Post
    Little gloves:
    Ok, on that last on I have to confess, Jeff told me he thought about shooting the little gloves on the clothesline.
    Very nice James. I didn't end up getting the shot of those gloves so I'm glad to see that you did.

I uploaded a few scans from the trip here: http://www.jeffbannow.com/gallery/v/WIP/
    They are rough - I haven't done much adjusting and will be playing with brightness, contrast and tone when I get to printing them. I think they have potential though.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FOTAR MAN !

OK, I confess. It was dark, there was beer and I was talking to a fellow at Bill's about a Fotar.

I just don't remember whom.

Oberon Leinenkugel, I think.

Is that right ?

Anyway, please PM me. I think I have a stash of Fotar stuff
    you are welcome to. Just DON'T ASK where it came from.

Don't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Everything has had time to sink in now, almost a week after returning to Minnesota.

A few old friends, but mostly new ones. It was a very fulfilling thing to take part in. I met so many interesting and great people, not just talented photographers. My heart races when I think of the beauty of the area, and I specifically think a lot about how gracious Bill has been, three years in a row, to put up his land, time, patience, and resources to make this happen. I just showed up and had an awesome time!

I remember very dearly the last night we were gathered around the camp fire, with Dan's talented guitar playing and singing (you're good, man!). It was the perfect evening.
    I got my portrait taken by two world class photographers in two days (gawk!). Thanks to Bill and Nicole for that!
    I echo Bob Carnie's sentiments that perhaps we should see if the resources at the Birchwood Inn could be used. The proprietors certainly didn't seem foreign to the idea. You should have seen the light go off in the owner's eyes when I asked to view the facilities. They have a huge basement, as well as a very large room upstairs to house lots of people. And the rooms are very clean and well kept up.
    All in all something I will never forget. Everybody helped make it special, that's for sure!
    - Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I echo Bob Carnie's sentiments that perhaps we should see if the resources at the Birchwood Inn could be used. The proprietors certainly didn't seem foreign to the idea. You should have seen the light go off in the owner's eyes when I asked to view the facilities. They have a huge basement, as well as a very large room upstairs to house lots of people. And the rooms are very clean and well kept up.
    - Thomas
    I concur. I was actually thinking just today that there were so many passionate and skilled photographers present that you could easily mount a one-day public exhibition, wherein you could generate considerable interest, and even a few sales. Before anyone shouts this down, I was quick to veto my own notion... the weekend as it is is already jam-packed with activity (and more than a little revelry) I just don't see how such an event could fit in without adding an unnecessary level of complexity to what is essentially perfect in its present form.

Still, it does speak to the inspiration that has had me flying high since I first walked up the path on Van Rd.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photostock '08 Pics - The Candids

Well, I've scanned the 4 rolls of 35mm candids I shot at Bill's place last week and uploaded them to my Flickr site. I edited the number of images down from 96 possibles to 74. The 22 images edited out were either repetitive or just plain no good.

Flickr is still kind of an experiment for me so if anyone has an objection to having the images being free to view for anyone on the planet, please let me know and I can make it so that only 'friends' on my contact list can see them...I guess. Suggestions are welcome.

I scanned the images to 8x12 at 300 dpi and you can take what you like.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/makeman...7605975202127/

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photostock '08 Pics - The Candids

Oh, I forgot to mention that the images are in chronological order and can be viewed as a slide show. So turn on your favorite music and enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/makeman...7605975202127/

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    wow am i jealous

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice job on the candids Marc..thanks.
    I'm starting my last leg home today..had to stay and finish some stuff in Muskegon area and left Thursday.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin