Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,623   Online: 702

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ARGH Bill! Why do you plan this event the same weekend as the Origami USA Convention in NYC? Drats. Now that I'm not moving for a year, I thought I'd go was just about to register when I checked my calendar ... Next year bill, make it in early the fall, k? You guys will have a blast and I wish I could go.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    ...the same weekend as the Origami USA Convention in NYC? ..
    Sounds like a can't miss event!
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was just talking to my wife about the differences between men's and women's origami's. Serendipity or what?
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Sounds like a can't miss event!
    Imagine a Star Trek convention, only with NERDIER nerds folding paper into 3-dimensional mythical creatures and then using advanced calculus to determine the fold lines. Yeah, I am so there.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What nerds? Origami 's cool.

Sorry Art... maybe we'll shift it next year.

Last newsletter and schedule going out soon.

Thanks for all the RSVP's.

Anyone who didn't answer I am assuming is not coming. If you missed the letter, you can still respond with your day of arrival, where you're staying, etc.

See you all there!

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK... I know I shouldn't, but I'm getting way too excited about this. I'm driving up Thursday after work, so I'll see everybody Friday morning. I'm thinking that maybe I should put some wheels on my um... "camera case". (OK, it's a toolbox, but it's the most convenient way of transporting 3 MF set-ups and accessories. )

Cheers,
    Last edited by Toffle; 06-14-2008 at 01:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello All!

Well I am getting pretty excited about next week. It is coming fast and final preparations are underway.

The schedule is now available for download HERE in PDF format. Both Smieglitz and I will be there Monday and Tuesday the 23rd and 24th for the wet plate workshop, so the gate will be open on Wednesday morning for those of you that will be arriving early.

If you've registered for the event, you will also be receiving the final newsletter sometime today. It too will have a link to the schedule so that you can make your plans accordingly.

One final thing is the planned trip to Mackinac Island that will take place on Thursday the 26th. I will be asking for an RSVP for this in the newsletter so that I have an idea of how many are interested. I was not able to get a group discount for any less than 20 people, so unfortunately we will have to pay the full price of $25.00 for a round trip boat ride. More about this in the newsletter.

If you would like to attend the gathering but have not registered, you can do so HERE.

If you're coming, have a safe drive and we'll see you there!

Bill

PS. Still 1 space available in the wet plate with Joe workshop if anyone is interested in making a full week of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If anyone needs to make lensboards or other accessories while in cross village, my dad's shop has every tool needed. Bring your lumber!
    I'll be hitting the road late tonight to beat the desert heat. See you all there.
    vinny
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great offer!

Have a safe drive Vinny! Looking forward to finally meeting you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm really looking forward to the week. I'm not all that interested in the Mackinac Island myself and will be looking for more natural scenes. I'm in love with the UP and am thinking of heading there wednesday and maybe thursday and would be happy to do an informal trip with people, (being back in time for dinner at the legs inn on wed.) I'll be working with a couple of cirkuts, maybe a alvista if I can get some film cut and spooled, my roundshots,and a 5x7 home portrait graflex. Anybody who wants to know more about cirkuts can let me know and maybe we can do some shooting together, and I'll go over the process.
    Jamie Young

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin