Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,416   Online: 786

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Is Film Dead? Presentation by Steven E. Gross at Oakland Community College

From a press release...

-----
    Is film dead? With the rapid advances in digital technology, had the photographic landscape been altered forever? Established photographer, Steven E. Gross will be addressing this question amongst other things at his up coming lecture.

At 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 15th, Gross will be speaking at Michigan’s Oakland County Community College, Royal Oak Campus Auditorium for the first time since 1996
    The Campus is located at 739 S. Washington, Royal Oak, MI 48067. Phone 248.246.2633. Social Hour 6:30 to 7:30. Lecture 7:30.

Gross, a twenty five year veteran to the industry continues to shoot weddings with traditional black & white film. In a different light he photographs all his corporate work 100% digitally. The dynamic photographer has strong opinions about where the industry is heading. In a captivating and honest lecture, appropriately entitled, “Is Film Dead?” he will be discussing the impact of today’s technological advances on photography as a whole.

A native to Oak Park, Gross now lives in Chicago where his two businesses, Real Life Weddings and Steven E. Gross and Associates are based. Gross has been a member of the American Society of Media Photographers for twenty years. He studied at Columbia College in Chicago, where he later returned to teach photography. Gross is not only passionate about his work, but also his community. He is President of the Board of Trustees for the Inspiration Corporation, a non-profit organization whose mission statement guides their work:
    “Inspiration Corporation helps people who are affected by homelessness and poverty to improve their lives and in crease self-sufficiency through the provision of social services, employment training and housing all in an atmosphere of dignity and respect.”

Gross’ unique approach of photography has caught the eye of Good Morning America, ABC Nightline, Fox TV and PBS among others. He has been featured in Esquire, The Wall Street Journal, Chicago Magazine, and numerous publications both nationally and abroad.

www.reallifeweddings.com
    www.stevenegross.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting, but I hate web sites that won't let you back-out.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will he make the presentation available on CD/ DVD so people outside the area can see/ listen.
    This topic is a very hot one, I'm sure many of us have mixed feelings. Such presentation made by a veteran photog could help clear up some of the smog in my head, perhaps others too...:rolleyes:
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thread title corrected (was: "Michael" Gross).
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Thread title corrected (was: "Michael" Gross).
    Oops... Thanks David! I always get confused as I know a Michael Gross as well.

Sorry Steven!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin