Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,870   Online: 981

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

So Long Tiger Stadium....

Man.... What a place. Full of memories.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...arams=Itemnr=1

From a project I did there in the late 90's...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails schwab_rfgs_tiger_stadium.jpg   schwab_turnstiles_tiger_stadium.jpg   schwab_wings_tiger_stadium.jpg   schwab_home_run_alley_ts.jpg   schwab_light_structure_tiger_stadium.jpg  

Last edited by billschwab; 07-24-2008 at 03:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Probably feels the same as when they tore down our Boston garden.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pesphoto View Post
    Probably feels the same as when they tore down our Boston garden.
    I was shooting Fenway for this same project and while there they were tearing down the Garden. I could see right inside the thing. Sad even for a Detroiter.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    yup, I remember when I would drive by on I 93 I could look right in and see the seats like you said.
    I was surprised at how much it affected me. So many memories in that place!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's the kind of "progress" that makes me sick. I wonder how long Wrigley will last?
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those are really beautiful photos
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    I wonder how long Wrigley will last?
    I hope a long time. I did that one too. An incredible place to have to yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    Those are really beautiful photos
    Thanks!

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Luckily, Wrigley Field should last for a long time. Wrigley Field is perhaps the most valuable part of the whole Cubs franchise. The Cubs and Wrigley are on the market right now, and bidders are competing to pay about $1 billion for the package. I don't think it will be named Wrigley Field much longer, however; whoever buys it likely will sell the naming rights.

Bill, I love your Tiger Stadium shots. My husband is from Detroit, and I made him take me to a game back in the '90s when we were visiting. Having grown up going to Wrigley, I had to see a game at Tiger Stadium. It was awesome. Your pictures capture something so poignant and haunting about it. Even before it was torn down, it felt forlorn, sitting there all run down in that empty neighborhood, echoing with the past. Your pictures bear witness to that, for me. They are just beautiful.

-Laura

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Can you hear Ernie Harwell crying
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In a few months they start ripping down what is now Yankee Stadium (originally opened in 1923 - re-opened after renovation in 1975) - the House that Ruth Built.

The "new" Yankee Stadium next door looks great (as a facade so far) but it will always be The "New" Yankee Stadium.

I'm just so glad they put the "new" one next to the "old" one so that most all of the neighborhood landmarks around will remain in place. But a paradigm shift is happening - and while it feels good sometimes - it feels bad too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin