Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,834   Online: 1127

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

list

add me to the list please
    best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, here is the latest update:-

After speaking to my sister yesterday who lives in Marazion, her neighbor has a a cottage that they rent out for cash. My sister thought there was room for about 8 to 10 people, so she will be getting us some information on this and I will let you know the details. There has also been several offers from UK based and Irish APUG'ers to take side trips. While I appreciate the offers, and they no doubt have some merit, I think it will add too many logisitics nightmares that we need to avoid especially as we only have 5 to 6 days to shoot with a day either side for travel to and from London's airports. Also, rather than traveling around living out of a suitcase from B&B to B&B, that could be problematic with the group size the contingent has grown too. So staying in one place and traveling to local hotspots in Cornwall and places en-route I think is the way to do it. I would also need the UK based folks to organize their own accommodation in Cornwall. I cannot take that on from the US.

One other aspect is that we are likely going to need a deposit for the cottage after I find out more details and air transportation is best booked early. Ike, Thomas and myself will likely be flying Northwest as they have a direct flight to Gatwick. For others, that might not be practical and is where we would really need to sync up on who flying from where and landing where. Going back to the finances, I need to be up front with folks. I am doing the organization only and have no trouble doing that. If we need to send out deposits to secure reservations, I will send out emails asking for that to happen. So that I do not become a bank, when we have to hand over deposits, I will expect everyone to realize that they need to pay on time and they are likely not refundable... Hence the reason to make sure you are committed to the trip. If you bail after deposits are paid, that's okay, but no refunds can be epxected from me and other trip members cannot be expected to bare the brunt either. I hope people understand I am not being a hard @$$, but just laying ground rules and it will level the playing field on who is really interested or not. I understand things happen, and you may have to back out for whatever reason, please understand what the expectations will be. It might behoove you to get travel insurance if that is a problem. Cheap and should cover things like that.

Here is the list so far of interested people:-

From the US:-

Bill Schwab
    Ike Eisenlord
    Thomas Bertilsson
    Daniel Lin
    Chazzy
    Travis Nunn
    Marianne (Mayfair 710)
    Peter Schrager

From the UK:-

Bill Spears
    Mark Burley
    John Bragg
    Steve Smith
    Snallan
    garri
    Leon
    Neil Souch
    Solarize
    Ian Grant
    Delphine
    Lucie Averill (My sister potentially)

From Sweden:-

No Mennescio
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Andy,

Sounds like an interesting trip idea. We would love to return to England - if there is still room, put us down for the interested category. If necessary I can have Eva sleep on the floor.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, so after my trip to the UK over Christmas to see family and feasibility of an APUG trip to Cornwall, I think this trip is really doable. I was gone for 6 days and travel each way was included in that. I was able to visit family and find time to crank through 21 rolls of film. If this was a dedicated photo trip, I think we will have a lot of opportunity to photograph.

I still need to quiz my sisters neighbors who were not around when I was there unfortunately, regarding costs to rent their holiday cottage for 5 days. That said, with 10 x US folks, it would be very tight. I will try to get this taken care of in the next few weeks so that we have some idea of costs. At the time of year were thinking of going (feb through Apr) flights from Minneapolis to London Gatwick on Northwest should be reasonable, but obviously that could change. One other option would be to get a flight from London Gatwick to Newquay in Cornwall. It's a short layover, but eliminates a 5 hour drive after being in the air for 8 1/2 hours overnight. Then we could rent some vehicles in Newquay. It would also give us more time to shoot, and less travel time driving from and back to London to get flights from Gatwick. With many of us spreadout across the US, I am thinking the best approach would be to make sure your flights to London would get in around the same time so that we could all get the connection to Newquay. There are direct flights from Detroit, Minneapolis, and other places,but we need to figure out a date to start working with as this trip is only a year or so away now.

So far interested parties are:-

Bill Schwab
    Ike Eisenlord
    Thomas Bertilsson
    Daniel Lin
    Chazzy
    Travis Nunn
    Marianne (Mayfair 710)
    Peter Schrager
    Jeff Bannow
    Eva Bannow

From the UK:-

Bill Spears
    Mark Burley
    John Bragg
    Steve Smith
    Snallan
    garri
    Leon
    Neil Souch
    Solarize
    Ian Grant
    Delphine
    Lucie Averill (My sister potentially)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This does sound interesting. Would be great to put some names to faces. I have relatives on the wife's side in both Newlyn (other side of Mounts Bay) and Marazion. Not sure if they can help directly with accommodation but they may have some contacts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keeds, Thanks this may help for the UK based folks as I cannot manage that end as well as the US contingent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    UPDATE! So I have pricing on the cottage for rent. Basically, we are looking at 800 pounds for the week. Split between 9 of us listed should be more than doable considering what costs for B&B are these days if we were doing this individually. I am waiting for an email from the Landlord who will make sure all the details are listed. It's alittle out of season, so the prices are reasonable, and as is, we may still need the heat on!!! At any rate, I'll send out the details as soon as I get the email and if we need a deposit etc. More to follow.

Thanks for listening.

Andrew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Definately interested so long as it doesn't coincide with the final degree show which is around this time. Shouldn't be a prob going to Cornwall for a few days though, itsonly a train ride away.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope that someone noted a few months ago that I can't attend. I wish that I had the money for it, but I don't. Someone take some pictures of Altarnun for me!
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    800 pounds split 9 ways for the entire week? I'm even more excited about this trip now. I require very little, just a small space to sleep and enough room for my camera and tripod.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin