Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,179   Online: 1164

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

APUG Gathering in Cornwall England

As there is no real place to ask this in the regional sub-forum, So I've placed it into the Miscellaneous section and now some of the regional sub-forums where there is usually a lot of activity.

At any rate, Last winter I was talking to a few folks at the MN sub zero winter gathering in Northern MN, and again at Bill Schwab's Photostock event in Michigan this summer. There is some interest in setting up an International trip to Cornwall England for a photographic tour of that region of the country. I am proposing setting up and leading a trip to that area of the country as I know it quite well from previous trips and becuase my family lives down there. I know of at least 4 current US based and 1 UK based APUG'ers that are willing to participate in this trip. I am opening it up for others to express their interest in meeting up and or tagging along for this excusion.

For the US contingent, I am thinking that a relatively easy sized group to manage would be no more than 12 people as we could split up into 3 vehicles allowing room for luggage and gear. Again this is all tentative at the moment. However, it does need to be looked at, thought over and prepared for by all interested parties to make sure expectations are understood. Logistically, this should be an easy trip, but making it so it fits peoples schedules, budgets, and what they hope to get out of it is where it becomes a potential minefield to plan around.

That said, I was thinking of a May/June timeframe in 2010, when Cornwall can be a wonderful place to explore at that time. No firm date and duration of trip is fixed yet at this time, and I will wait until I get a good feel of general interest before we move onto the hard part of selecting dates, locations to visit, places to stay etc.

I also realize that there are some current APUG'ers local to that neck of the woods and it would be good to see and meet them aswell as any other APUG'ers in the UK, Europe, or anywhere else for that matter participate in this gathering if they wish to tag along??

So with that said, please let me know if you are interested. Either respond to this thread, or PM me and I will start to generate a list of potential participants.

Fingers crossed this makes it off the ground, I am confident we can do this and I think it would be good opportunity for us to come away with some spectacular images.

Thanks

Andy
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Put me on the interested list Andrew. I've a bit of experience in this area as well and would love to get back in a more social, group setting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andrew,

Thanks for taking the reins and planning this trip. Sounds like a fantastic opportunity and I'd love to participate.

Daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Bill and Daniel. Will add you two to the list.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, so far the list looks like this:-

From the US:-

Bill Schwab
    Ike Eisenlord
    Thomas Bertilsson
    Daniel Lin

From the UK:-

Bill Spears
    Mark Burley
    John Bragg
    Steve Smith
    Snallan
    garri
    Leon
    Neil Souch
    Solarize
    Chazzy
    Travis Nunn

From Sweden:-

No Mennescio

Certainly no shortage of names in the UK! I will need someone to coordinate with in the UK though as this visit seems to be quite popular with folks there.

Next item to decide upon are the dates. So will need someone from the UK to let me know school holidays etc as I know you guys get way more of those throughout the year, but less summer time off than the US folks. Two I can think of are Whitsun (1 x week) Easter (2 x weeks).

Cheapest airfare for US travelers flying to the UK is usually from Jan 6th through May and I am leaning towards March/April time frame in 2010 for the trip. Anyone have any better suggestions for dates?

Thanks

Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Andrew, I'm actually in the US. ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doh! Sorry Travis.

Okay, so far the list looks like this:-

Bill Schwab
    Ike Eisenlord
    Thomas Bertilsson
    Daniel Lin
    Travis Nunn

Bill Spears
    Mark Burley
    John Bragg
    Steve Smith
    Snallan
    garri
    Leon
    Neil Souch
    Solarize
    Chazzy
    Delphine

No Mennescio

Certainly no shortage of names in the UK! I will need someone to coordinate with in the UK though as this visit seems to be quite popular with folks there.

Next item to decide upon are the dates. So will need someone from the UK to let me know school holidays etc as I know you guys get way more of those throughout the year, but less summer time off than the US folks. Two I can think of are Whitsun (1 x week) Easter (2 x weeks).

Cheapest airfare for US travelers flying to the UK is usually from Jan 6th through May and I am leaning towards March/April time frame in 2010 for the trip. Anyone have any better suggestions for dates?

Thanks

Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an ongoing project I'm shooting in Cornwall so if I'm in the UK at the time I'll be there

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    okay, the list is as follows:-

Bill Schwab
    Ike Eisenlord
    Thomas Bertilsson
    Daniel Lin
    Chazzy
    Travis Nunn

Bill Spears
    Mark Burley
    John Bragg
    Steve Smith
    Snallan
    garri
    Leon
    Neil Souch
    Solarize
    Ian Grant
    Delphine

No Mennescio

and a potential option of a trip to Ireland. While I am not ruling it out, I know Ike will there next year, it may add some significant logistics, time and cost to the trip. Let's see how this progresses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    oh, this sounds nice...put me on an interested list. time will tell...
    ~~marianne

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin