Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,338   Online: 887

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Shawn,

I'm also not going to be able to go, but have a kind offer to share a room if something comes up that enables me to go. Too much to do over the summer.
    I'm really bummed, but at the same time that means there is more room for others to go. There's always next year, I sure hope Bill keeps this up. I'd love to meet you and many others I haven't had a chance to actually speak face to face with.

Have fun, everybody.

- Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Bill, I mentioned my intent to come very early in this thread but a photography trip I'm taking in March is eating up all my $ and "vacation" time... Sorry to miss seeing everyone. Wishing you good light and weather! All the best. Shawn
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    What's up, Jerry? Are you out, or was this some other room?
    I'm planning on being there. Just revising my plans a little bit.

Jerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You'll leave a big space Thomas... literally! We'll all miss the big Swede for sure. If you do find you can make it, all the better. Next year we'll get that Lith shop going as well. For those that didn't know, Thomas was potentially going to offer a Lith workshop for those interested if we could find a place to fit it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I sure hope Bill keeps this up.
    Thanks Thomas... I fully plan to as long as people have an interest. As those of you who have been before know, it is a fairly small and picturesque community and people in the area have become pretty excited about what we've been doing up there. From the Crooked Tree Art Center, the new Harbor Springs History Museum to small galleries in the area that have offered future space for exhibitons, people are offering help and I can see this growing into a yearly regional event of sorts. It is my hope to continue bringing various people up that we can learn from and expand our horizons. Not only at Photostock, but throughout the year. You should see the place in winter!!!

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That sounds awesome for the future, Bill, and I'd be honored to work on a workshop or two. I'm continuing to develop the curriculum during the year, despite my absence. That means that next year it'll be ready for sure.

Good riddance, it is a highly worthwhile project!

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello, Bill. Will information on campgrounds be included in your info packet? I'm going to need a place to plop a tent. Thanks!

Mike Sherck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Mike,

You're welcome to camp where you always do. Being a founding member of the group, you're grandfathered in!

I'm going to have limited tent camping on the property again. I just want to keep most of the bigger activities off-site and at the Birchwood. There is more information forthcoming and we're pulling together details as we speak. It is going to be a good year. We're even planning a couple extended excursions into the UP, an "on the water" shooting trip onto O'Neal lake with canoes and boats.

Stay tuned. I hope to make the formal announcement very soon. That will be in the sponsor forums and that will be where all "official" news and announcements will be made.

Thanks Mike! Looking forward to seeing you again. I may request another "moonshine" run!

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you very much, Bill: your outings have become something I really look forward to. I appreciate the hard work you put into organization, etc. and hope that you don't burn yourself out. I'll be up a little earlier this year, Wednesday staying though Sunday, so if there are any odd jobs you need done I'm happy to help out. And I'm happy to bring the Everclear; I always wanted to be a rumrunner, anyway. There's this story about an uncle-- well, enough about that. Not sure of the statute of limitations...

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Basic, Early Registration Now Open!

Hello Again everyone. I wanted to inform you all that basic, early registration (including an 8 x 10 inch gift print of my "Pier Ruin, Cross Village" photograph pictured above) is now open at the new website created specifically for this event.

www.photostock2009.com

Although there is still much to do in the site, I wanted to at least get the basic registration up and running. If you plan on taking any of the workshops, please wait until I get that up and running. Do not sign-up for the basic registration as it will be waived for all who take one or more of the shops.

*Please be aware that early registration is for a limited time only. Upon that expiration date, the fee will rise and the print will no longer be offered.

Thank you!

Bill Schwab

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

***Update***

***Update***

It came to my attention that the Paypal set-up was charging too much for shipping of the gift print when people were registering. Please be aware that this has been fixed and refunds have been made.

I apologize to all of you that were overcharged!

Thank You!

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is the Best Western in Harbor Springs (on 119) close enough to the rest of the group for this? I figure I'd better find a place to sleep 'cause my car barely holds the cameras and would be a bit cramped for sleeping.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin