Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,200   Online: 1164

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's on our calendar. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can you guys offer any tips for the best/cheapest route into Michigan when coming from Europe? If you travel via NYC, who do you fly with to Michigan?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll do my best to be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Can you guys offer any tips for the best/cheapest route into Michigan when coming from Europe? If you travel via NYC, who do you fly with to Michigan?
    Northwest uses Detroit Metro (DTW) as a hub airport. From their you are a 3.5 to 4 hour car ride to Bill's (I've not been, but I know the area). It might be advisable to have worked out transportation once you arrive. Maybe we can get locals who are coming to provide transit to Bill's. Under no condition should you rely upon bus service.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    Northwest uses Detroit Metro (DTW) as a hub airport. From their you are a 3.5 to 4 hour car ride to Bill's (I've not been, but I know the area). It might be advisable to have worked out transportation once you arrive. Maybe we can get locals who are coming to provide transit to Bill's. Under no condition should you rely upon bus service.

I would think he should transfer to a commuter airline at Detroit and fly up to Pelston, Michigan. He could rent a car there and be, ten miles from Bill’s place, or 20 miles or so from Harbor Springs. I would not recommend the drive from Detroit to Harbor Springs as it is mostly four lane highway and not representative of the beauty of Michigan off the highways.

My parents had a cottage on Burt Lake to the east of Harbor Sprngs in the 1950s as did Bill’s parents. We came up 400 miles from Akron, Ohio. The highway is just a fast method to get up north through the center of the state to then enjoy the beautiful scenery on the coast area.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Can you guys offer any tips for the best/cheapest route into Michigan when coming from Europe?
    Hi Fintan! Happy to hear you're interested. The absolute best way to get here is to fly into the Pelston regional airport that is only a few miles from here. They are serviced by Northwest Airlines and have several flights connecting to Detroit and Minneapolis. My advice would be to fly directly to Detroit (DTW) and change over on a plane to Pelston (PEL). Someone then need only drive a few miles to meet you.

PS... Oops... John beat me to it while I was writing! Thanks John!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by North Light Press View Post

PS... Oops... John beat me to it while I was writing! Thanks John!
    Hope to be there also.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm hoping to make it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be there for sure... maybe I'll do the tenting thing this year. (I missed out on too much last year driving back and forth)

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'll be there too. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some new friends as well.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin