Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,091   Posts: 1,612,470   Online: 1322

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1418192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thank you bill for another great 'photostock'. it was great to see familiar folks again, meet new ones, see everyones incredible portfolios, travel the countryside, and meet and listen to shelby lee adams....his presentation last night was SO interesting and a great addition to the event...

i do hope you are feeling better and that your back improves by leaps and bounds.

i can't wait to find a way to tell michael ray johnston that i had my portrait done by you, with HIS old camera! what a small small world.

~~marianne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bummer! I am traveling around the US right now and remembered "doesn't Bill have a get together every JULY?" Came here today to find out and it is already over with! It would have been great to meet the attendees. I wish I would have seen this sooner. Oh well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks again Bill for arranging this. The wet plate workshop was great, and the whole event will likely be the highlight of our summer. We've got at least 20 rolls and countless sheets of film to process now.

Good to see everyone again, and meet new friends. Can't wait for next year!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ... and I can't wait to see Marianne's new Paladium prints next year.

Thanks to all who worked so hard to make Photostock an event to remember. It was great to meet Keric, and it was inspiring to see Shelby's slides and to hear his portfolio critiques. I'm sorry I missed Sandy. (I blame my boss... he he) The portfolio sharing and resulting print exchange were high points for me. (I walked away with an wonderful Travis Nunn infrared print and a super Jeff and Eva special. Thanks to each of you.) This was the first time my own prints have been viewed by a discerning audience, and I appreciate the encouragement that people showed me, especially with my coffee prints.

Of course, none of this could have come to pass without Bill's tireless effort. Bad back and all, Bill was busier than the Energizer Bunny all weekend. Thank you, Bill... thank you.

It was wonderful to see old friends again, and to meet new friends brougth together through the love of good photography.

I can't wait till next year!

Cheers,
    Last edited by Toffle; 06-28-2009 at 09:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I'm mighty sorry I missed this year's Photostock, and I'm determined to make it next year.

Sounds like, by all accounts, as if this year's endeavor was really awesome. I can't wait to hear the stories and see all the resulting photographs.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hey all...just got "home" and unpacked...an obvious mega-thanks to Bill for the truely amazing amount of work he put into this event...Marianne - I'll probably talk to Mike later tonight and I'll fill him in on the small world encounter...If you'd like his contact info send me a p.m. Thanks to all...I had a great time...
    -Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm actually still up here (driving back tomorrow), but I wanted to say I had a great time. The print exchange and portfolio sharing were great. Hearing Shelby's comments on some portfolios was very educational and his talk was fantastic. I don't know how Bill did as much as he did with his back - take it easy and heal, Bill!
    I haven't counted the number of rolls I have to develop, but I think I used most of the sheet film I had loaded. I'll have to come back again, as it was sunny at O'Neal lake and I wanted clouds. Can't wait!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks again Bill! I posted some digi pics already from the events:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmxphot...7620701208366/

Can't wait to develop (or have developed as I don't do color) my couple rolls. I had a great time and it's a wonderful community to be a part of.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I left just before Shelby's presentation, drove through the night and got back to Richmond just before noon today. I, too, really enjoyed seeing everyone's prints and exchanging prints with others.

The best part of all was meeting lots of new people, making some new friendships and seeing some old friends as well. This really was a great time!

Thanks to Bill most of all. You really did a superb job!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It was a great event and the workshop leaders should be commended for the great job they did and the generous way they did mini-seminars for the non-workshop participants (yeah, I'll fix that next year). It was great to put faces to names and see all the great work people are doing. I'm thinking I may just have to give gum over Pt a try after seeing Kerik's and Ike's work! Hopefully I'll be posting some images in a week or so.

Lastly, Bill deserves an amazing round of applause. It was a hard thing to put together and run.....and with a bum back, it had to be really tough. Take the time to heal, Bill!

Mark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin