Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,216   Online: 951

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just a quick note for anyone that uses flickr. Bill set up a group for images taken at Photostock (this as well as past years'):
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/photostock/
    Last edited by jmxphoto; 06-29-2009 at 11:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    With so much going on Saturday, I forgot who got my Tridge photo in the print swap! If you ended up with it, please PM me and let me know.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If anyone has contact info for the two women in this photo, could you please PM me with it? I made a few ambrotypes of the mother on her birthday Saturday during a wetplate demo and I'd like to mail the plates to them once the processing is finished. Any help in contacting them would be appreciated as I did not get their names.

Thanks,

Joe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz View Post
    If anyone has contact info for the two women in this photo, could you please PM me with it? I made a few ambrotypes of the mother on her birthday Saturday during a wetplate demo and I'd like to mail the plates to them once the processing is finished. Any help in contacting them would be appreciated as I did not get their names.

Thanks,

Joe
    Joe,

That's Chris and her mother is Angie. I'll send you a PM with her email address.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks Jeff. That'll be great.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    What a wonderful week. The workshops were great and I was on a lucky streak; I drew Chris Pratt's wonderful photograph in the print exchange and won Sheby's book!

It was great to see old friends and meet new ones.

Thank you Bill for a great event and I hope your feeling better soon.
    Ike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As Ike said it was great to see some old friends and meet some new ones. I only made to a few
    of the events but still managed to meet some new friends.
    As usual it was a great event.
    Thanks Bill.

Jerry

CGross
    An incredible week!! I got to meet lots of new friends, catch up with many good friends, share some stories over bourbon and beers, listen to Steve and Dan play some tunes, and see some very beautiful prints. All I can say about the prints everyone shared on Saturday is WOW! This event was the highlight of my year!

The workshops were awesome! Ike and Kerik thank you for all of the information you both shared throughout the event. For us beginners, seeing these two work the digital negative, platinum printing and wet plate processes was amazing. The carbon workshop with Sandy was indescribable! Thank you Sandy for sharing with us your carbon prints and years of carbon printing knowledge. Left me breathless!

Bill, as many have said, Thank You for your tireless efforts in making this year unforgettable. We may never know just how many hours you spent pulling Photostock 2009 together. Unfortunately we know how much back pain you can take I sure hope it gets better quickly.

Best wishes to everyone and hopefully I'll get to experience 2010!
    Cody Gross

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ditto what everyone has said so far. It was a great event with many things on the agenda this time. Kudos to Bill who worked many hours to get things arranged and who made sure everything was running correctly even though he suffered with his back throughout the event. What a great group of folks all of you are! Cannot wait to see the images of all the different interpretations of this wonderful area. Also thanks to Ike and Kerik for really expalining the palladium process. I think it maybe in my future!! I cannot wait until Next year.A.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm back in Cali trying to get back into the Pacific Time Zone. What a great week!! A busy, busy week for sure, but it was a great time. So nice to finally meet many APUGers for the first time. Bill has a great thing going on and I'm lucky to be a part of it. I'm expecting next year will be even better with more workshops, tours, and good times. I especially enjoyed spending time with Andy, Daniel Lin, Jeff and Eva, Steve Zimmerman (one FUNNY dude with serious guitar skills), Cody, Travis, Chris Pratt, Paul Armstrong, Bob Carnie, etc. And big thanks to those of you who helped schlep stuff back and forth without even being asked. There is definitely a great community spirit surrounding this event that makes the name Photostock seem so appropriate. There were lots of wonderful prints to see - I've been a fan of Andy and Daniel's work for years so it was a treat to finally see them in person. The best non-photo tip I learned was from Travis: Repel Eucalyptus/lemon oil mosquito repellent. Deet free and it really works! Unfortunately, there were a couple times I didn't put it on when shooting by the lake and I'm still itching... But I hear Bill is going to have all the mosquitoes removed by next year! Also BIG thanks to Ike for teaching with me and surviving the Schwab Sweat Lodge Darkroom And of course thanks to Bill having the tenacity and kinetic nature to make it all happen. I hope you're feeling better soon. Your pain gave a whole new meaning to the phrase "I got your back, buddy".

Oh, and Shelby was a great addition to the scene. He gave insightful comments to those who were lucky enough to get their prints in front of him and his presentation saturday night was certainly enlightening. Finally, kudos to Dave Boutette a very talented singer/songwriter friend of Bill's who played a great set of tunes prior to Shelby's presentation.

I've already got Photostock 2010 on my calendar...
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin