Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,675   Posts: 1,481,940   Online: 1089

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Thanks for the advice.
    It looks like via Chicago is best for me, any advice traveling via Chicago/OHare to the venue?
    You might be able to fly into Minneapolis and get a connection to Pellston. I suspect that Northwest will be the only service to Pellston and Minnieapolis is a Northwest hub.

FWIW the drive up the state can be entertaining if you head for the west coast and make a day or even two of it. This might make Chicago a reasonable starting point. I can give you some good points of interest. If this is your one and only visit to Michigan there are some things you really should see: Sleeping bear dunes (I can direct you to a secret beach), Tahquamenon Falls, pictured rocks and even Ludington needs to be seen (it has an incredible beach where the sand squeaks under your feet). The interior of the state and not too far from Bills place are some great canoeing and kayaking (no rapids). Possibly my favorite place in all of the lower P is Art's Tavern in Glen Arbor.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by North Light Press View Post
    Thanks Vinny! I actually know that, but in a moment of weakness changed it after seeing John's spelling. Doh!!!
    Oh sure, its my fault. Try to help a fellow Irishman and look how we are treated. No Irish need apply.

John Powers, child of Powers and O'Grady

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all that info, I appreciate it. I have been planning the Brits and Yanks invade 09 also but the timing might conflict with several things sadly. If I cant make Toronto I'll see you guys in Michigan. I wont know for some time yet for sure and want to be ready to book whichever one I can make.

Both events are so superb, you guys are so lucky to have them so close!!
    www.fpworkshops.com
    Film Photography Workshops - Ireland

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'll be watching this thread closely over the next nine months as I deeply regretted missing the first three events. Maybe I can get one or two fellow Midwest Large Format Asylum (MWLFA) members to ride up with me.

Bill Riley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz View Post
    Have the colors peaked around there yet? I was thinking of heading up that way next weekend.
    Hi Joe. I just got back last night. The colors were great. I would say that last weekend was peak, but I would imagine it should still be real nice this weekend too.

Jerry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hey All...I'm already there waiting...can't wait to see you all again. Joe, as Jerry said the colors probably peaked last weekend and the wind/rain of this early a.m. more than likely brought alot of leaves down...but hey it's still Bliss! If you're up on Saturday, stop by - dinner at 5 - fire to follow.
    -Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still have to develop the cirkut, I did just post the 2008 color group photo in the gallery, with a link to a bigger version on my web site.
    Looking forward to next year
    Jamie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awesome that PhotoStock is 10 days and the Origami USA convention is only 3 days. I can now go to both!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well Art, if you're going I'm gonna have to go to this one, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I really hope I can make it and hang out with some real photographers who understand B&W, etc.. (unlike a certain photo club). I just look forward to shooting with you guys and seeing what you've done. I'd better be able to make it!

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin