Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,902   Posts: 1,584,556   Online: 1038

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in. How long I can actually be there will depend on how long my neighbor can put up with my dogs. But I'm hoping for at least the last 4-5 days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RSVP'd. I am really looking forward to seeing everybody again.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

CGross
    Sent off the RSVP...! Can't wait!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I wa seriously considering "crashing" this Midwestern gathering (from Texas) because of its informal nature, It seems as if a group got together, talked a little shop, made some pictures and basically shared much as we do online, but in person. Now, it seems to be getting more formal and workshop oriented. Am I reading this wrong?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    It seems as if a group got together, talked a little shop, made some pictures and basically shared much as we do online, but in person. Now, it seems to be getting more formal and workshop oriented. Am I reading this wrong?
    You're certainly not reading it wrong David. The dilemma for me is that like you, each year more people want to attend and I'm not one that wants to pick and choose who can come. Last year there were somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 people "crashing" the party and logistically there is a lot that goes into putting on an informal gathering of that size. Don't get me wrong as I love meeting people and hanging out, but it is a lot of work. For instance, in less than 24 hours since opening registration, I have had over 30 RSVP's and over half of them are new people. Whether unfortunate or not, I feel it is now at a point where it is either grow it and involve others with an eye on keeping the informal and social feel of the event, or let it die. Having had a great time at the last 3, I'm not willing to let it die just yet.

What I am hoping to do in expanding it is to set up activities and workshops earlier in the 10 day stretch for those that wish to attend early, learn something new and spend more time experiencing the area. There are no workshops planned for the final weekend, just some demos, presentations and portfolio sharing like always. Those that wish to come, meet people, do some shooting and hang out still can and I am hoping this part will not change from the way you have perceived things to be.

Thanks David.

Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Eva & I will be there, and can't wait to see you all again. Glad to hear you are going to make it Bethe - it's a great time!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Bill - forgot to say that I'm definitely in for the wet plate workshop this year. Mmm .... ether ....
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great Jeff! Consider a spot reserved. There will be more information to come on the workshops soon, but figure the 19th - 21st for the beginning wet plate. That will be the kickoff. Friday night for getting acquainted and setting up camp, plate making Saturday and Sunday!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, Bill

I'll be up for SOME of it ! I'll start shopping for some campfire bourbon ASAP.

d

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd like to be there and may yet find a way.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin