Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,068   Online: 911

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm still contemplating a road trip..hope it can work out.
    I enjoyed last year and this year sounds awesome. Good work Mr. Bill...
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've RSVP'd and will be there Bill! Let me know if you need me to help with anything??
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on View Post
    I'm still contemplating a road trip..hope it can work out.
    I enjoyed last year and this year sounds awesome. Good work Mr. Bill...
    I hope to see you there this year, Matt.... Andrew, too.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Question... have the plans to drain O'neal Lake gone into action, or is the site still available? I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I just started printing my negs from that trip this evening. So far, I have two lovely prints that are enough to make me want to return to that site.

Can't wait to load up the car...

Cheers,

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be in the area around this time, and will see if I can make arrangements to drop by.

Regards

Birger A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    Question... have the plans to drain O'neal Lake gone into action, or is the site still available? I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I just started printing my negs from that trip this evening. So far, I have two lovely prints that are enough to make me want to return to that site.

Can't wait to load up the car...

Cheers,
    When I returned home in August I was very disappointed to discover that they installed a gate at the road into the place. The sign said "Area closed due to excessive tripod holes surrounding the lake."
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    When I returned home in August I was very disappointed to discover that they installed a gate at the road into the place. The sign said "Area closed due to excessive tripod holes surrounding the lake."
    Damn! I knew I shouldn't have let Marc use my tripod. (I thought it might have had something to do with the embarrassment of pasty white legs wading along the shore. :rolleyes

um... seriously, is the lake still accessible? I would really like to spend some time there again.

Cheers,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    um... seriously, is the lake still accessible? I would really like to spend some time there again.
    The last time I was there was in November and it was still a lake. As far as I heard there was such an outcry from the locals that the DNR has suspended drawing it down until further study. Many of the locals know that place far better than the DNR folks and convinced them to hold off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vinny had sent me something on this before, so I checked the Petoskey News/Review website and found the following story/video stating the DNR was "backing off" on the O'Neal Lake draw-down.

http://www.petoskeynews.com/articles...c399619533.txt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Birchwood Inn.... FYI, I got one of the 4 closet rooms at the Birchwood reserved. There are 3 left :-) Get them while they are available!!! Go "In the Closet" so to speak :-)
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin