Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,822   Online: 904

Page 1 of 30 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

"Photostock 2009" - The 4th Annual Northern Michigan Photographer's Gathering

Photostock 2009
    The 4th Annual Northern Michigan Photographer's Gathering
    June 19 - 28, 2009
    Cross Village / Harbor Springs, Michigan

The circus continues!

Again, never too early to start planning so I thought I'd get the dates set for the next gathering. I hope you will be able to fit us on your schedule for 2009 as I am planning on expanding the gathering to include a week of various workshops leading up to the big weekend. I am already working with several folks to try to align their schedules to attend as instructors and there will be more information coming as things solidify. I have also had sponsorship interest and due to this will be working to secure a keynote presenter for the event. As soon as this is set in stone, an announcement will be made.

In addition to featured instructors, I will again be looking for folks interested in doing demonstrations and presentations throughout the gathering. Please feel free to contact me with your ideas.

By popular request, this year we will be basing several of the workshops, presentations and activities in the meeting rooms of the Birchwood Inn and with this I will also be planning a small trade exhibit for vendors to share, demonstrate and sell their products and services. If you are interested in a table for your business, feel free to contact me directly. There will be a very modest fee involved for this and more information will be announced in the coming weeks.

Sorry not to have much more at this time, but I mainly wanted to get the dates out there so you can put the event on your calendar. Soon I will have the North Light Workshops website updated with information and a form where we will be taking advanced reservations.

Please watch this thread for more announcements and information and please feel free to bring up any suggestions you may have to make this another successful event.

Hope you can make it this year!

Bill Schwab
    Last edited by North Light Press; 10-09-2008 at 10:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am definitely interested and the dates are on my calendar. Ten days? Wow. I'm sure the dates will be broken into sections later as this progresses, but thought I'd ask if you were laying it out with workshops first and then gathering?

Thanks for doing this again!

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Thomas... Yes, workshops first leading up to the gathering. All will be welcome throughout however, even if not taking in workshops. There will be a lot more to come, just wanted the dates out there.

Thanks! It will be great to see you again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Bill... I'll get it onto the calendar. Sounds like a busy week indeed.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Penciled in... I finally may be able to come to this!!! Thanks for the heads up, Bill!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Suzanne! It would be way too cool to have you up this time! Thanks for the consideration.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking forward to the expanded version.

Jerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very cool, Bill. I'm going to do everything I can to clear the schedule and head up north next summer. It was great meeting you and seeing your photographs and plates in person at John's last month. All the best. Shawn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My wife and I (and baby) were planning a road trip to Chicago around that time.

Harbor Springs is on the way, isn't it?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It is on my calendar. It will be great to renew old acquaintances, and meet new people.

David: every time I drive from NM to Chicago I go right through Harbor Springs. It is much faster than the alternate route. Hope you can make it; It would be great to see you again.

Dan

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Page 1 of 30 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin