Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,967   Posts: 1,523,369   Online: 1196

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    ...and heavy, and down a flight of stairs, or had you planned to mention that when they got there? You are evil.

John

Don't you have one of these? Is there any reason I shouldn't have one also? I was able to get the Durst in the basement, so a little light table should be easy, right?? Is it heavy?? I was planning on having you help me move it...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Don't you have one of these?

Is it heavy?? I was planning on having you help me move it...
    Originally Posted by ic-racer

No, mine disassembles and is so light weight Dolly and I were able to move it into the basement. It is the same size but designed smarter.

Peter had to put slippery tape on all sides just to get in down the stairs and into the darkroom. Going up the stairs ought to be a ball.

“I was planning on having you help me move it”
    No, I checked the schedule. I am eating bonbons and reading movie magazines that day.

JP
    Last edited by jp80874; 02-07-2009 at 04:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It fits through doors, but it is definitely a 2 man job. I'll be glad to help. I don't think anyone ever intended these to be residential units.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was able to get mine into the basement myself using a dolly.

It's heavy but a couple of manly men could take care of it. Or, hire a moving company!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jbannow View Post
    I was able to get mine into the basement myself using a dolly.
    Now there is an idea, Dolly might be able to help...

For manpower, I would request assistance from my brother, who is much stronger than I.

On my end, the only stairs would be out doors to the 'walk-out' basement door.

If this can make it into the darkroom, just about anything can.

In addition to negative viewing (I don't make proof prints) I need an extra 'utility' table, so my intent is to also be able to use it to cut mat board by covering the glass with a cutting pad. The glass top is pretty strong, right?
    Last edited by ic-racer; 02-08-2009 at 12:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got the OK from the wife on the table, (boy that was easy...I guess as long as I call something "FREE" she will ok anything ). Next step is logistics, I'll have to measure the cargo area of the wagon.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The glass is thick, heavy, and strong.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Now there is an idea, Dolly might be able to help...
    ?

My wife “Dolly” is perfectly willing to lift anything up to an including the weight of a box of Kleenex. On the other hand she did make two pans of brownies today to give to the two ladies that helped rescue our Labrador when she (Cindy) took off the other day after shedding her identification tags. I believe that it is all a matter of priorities and I was happy to deliver the pans of brownies myself, all by myself.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe that it is all a matter of priorities and I was happy to deliver the pans of brownies myself, all by myself.
    And how many actually got there? Sorry Cindy went over the wall, but I'm glad she's back. Bet she was after the ultimate stick to retrieve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    the two ladies that helped rescue our Labrador
    When I first read that I thought of your Laborator; if it were the case, the ladies would do well to help rescue the light table.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin