Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,155   Online: 795

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll sign up for the weekend --- see you at Bo's.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    I'll sign up for the weekend --- see you at Bo's.

Glad to have you with us.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Picture I printed the other day. Its from a 4x5 negative was exposed during our first outing. Blue Hen Falls.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Great Dale. It looks good and very mysterious.

We should stop by and check it now. I noticed that the Cuyahoga, which this feeds, had flooded several of Zalays' corn fields earlier this week. The parking lot north of Peninsula on a curve in the Cuyahoga was closed for flooding. I would imagine Blue Hen and the other two falls are very dramatic just now.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The camera club here is going there again for the spring trip. They were going to do Hocking Hills, but couldn't find a hotel under $150/night. But I won't be going with them because I'll be in DC for a cousin's engagement party.

And I can't wait 'til next weekend!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Can't wait either. We miss the girls! I think it is getting to be stick throwing weather again.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The girls have alredy been for a mud-swim at Oak Hill Park. They were running ahead on a hike. I came around a bend in the trail by a small reedy, muddy pond and there the girls were, shoulder deep in mud/water. Savannah was the mud ball with the stick hanging out the pointy end. She is so popular that she is taking reservations for stick tosses.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    The girls have alredy been for a mud-swim at Oak Hill Park. They were running ahead on a hike. I came around a bend in the trail by a small reedy, muddy pond and there the girls were, shoulder deep in mud/water. Savannah was the mud ball with the stick hanging out the pointy end. She is so popular that she is taking reservations for stick tosses.

John
    And I'd bet they greeted you happily shaking the muddy water all over you.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    And I'd bet they greeted you happily shaking the muddy water all over you.
    No, they saved that for the back of the SUV.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Peter and I talked this afternoon. We are both looking forward to seeing all that come and their work Saturday night. Following is a repost of the agenda. If anyone needs directions to our house please send me a PM.

Saturday, March 21, we meet for early lunch 11:00 AM at the Bo Long Chinese restaurant where many of us met before. This is less than a mile from the Cleveland Museum of Art. Saturday afternoon I would encourage you to hear “Friedlander Talks”, 2:30 PM, Tom Hinson, CMA Curator of Photography. The museum is open until 5 PM.

Bo Loong Chinese Restaurant
    3922 Saint Clair Ave NE
    Cleveland, OH 44114
    (216) 391-3113
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...1&z=14&iwloc=A

A Google maps street view of the front of the restaurant, on the south side of the street. The Marathon gas station at the corner of St. Clair and East 40th is on the left of this view.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...93442622951088

(from) Lee

We will meet at our house in Bath at 5:30 PM to order pizza for show and tell and talk Saturday evening. 9 AM, Sunday morning, coffee and gab at our house, then off to the Akron Museum of Art for more Friedlander and Edward Weston. The Akron Art Museum opens at 11 AM. There is free parking across the street. If you like we will go to a near by Hungarian restaurant for a Chicken Paprikash lunch.

PM me if you are coming. PM me if you need directions to any of this.

Dolly and I are looking forward to your visit, seeing what new work you have done and the museum shows.

John & Dolly Powers

PS: We probably should make a reservation at the Saturday restaurant. Please PM me if you will be there. We need a seat count.

Thanks.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin