Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,261   Online: 994

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Anybody attending mixing their own Pyrocat HD? I'm looking to get rid of the following components:
    Catechol, phenidone A, potassium carbonate, sodium metbisulfite.

I'll bring these and gladly give them to anyone who will make use of them.
    Very generous! I should be able to make use of them if no one else claims them.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great! Two takers, just check out what you need the most and you can split it up however works best.

I've got (roughly) 2lbs of potassium carbonate, 1lb of citric acid, 80 grams of phenidone a, 1lb of catechol, and 2 - 1lb containers of sodium metbisulfite.

I'm keeping the missing ingredients (sodium sulfite, citric acid, KBr) as I use them to mix amidol. Should be a good start though. Looking forward to the weekend. Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John,
    Ann and I will leave Pittsburgh Saturday morning. Gideon is staying home. We plan on touring the Ledges in the afternoon and attending the festivities Saturday night. We will get up early Sunday morning and do our photographing in the early morning light. We will leave for Pittsburgh some time on Sunday. Thanks for organizing this. We look forward to seeing everyone again.
    Best regards,
    Bob Steckmeyer & Ann Durham

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steckmeyer View Post
    John,
    Ann and I will leave Pittsburgh Saturday morning. Gideon is staying home. We plan on touring the Ledges in the afternoon and attending the festivities Saturday night. We will get up early Sunday morning and do our photographing in the early morning light. We will leave for Pittsburgh some time on Sunday. Thanks for organizing this. We look forward to seeing everyone again.
    Best regards,
    Bob Steckmeyer & Ann Durham

Great Bob. Glad to have you both coming. Hope Norm can come another time.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    One week to the gathering. Anyone camping is welcome Friday afternoon or evening May 29th. Let me know when you expect to arrive so the girls and I can meet and greet. Are there enough camping to split the cost of a porta potty? It was $110 for the weekend last fall. If interested I can check rates. Remember the woods is full of poison ivy and one coyote has his eye on Dorothy. There is firewood and there will be water for camp fires.

Coffee and conversation at 9:00 AM Saturday and Sunday

Dorothy, I have chain sawed the tree stump by the pond that was giving you grief.
    Jeff & Eva, the couple’s nook awaits you, but you should know that there is a giant ground hog hole about where your pillow was. That noise you hear in your sleep may be a crowd gathering.
    Lee, let us know if you will be camping.
    Shawn, daybreak awaits you.

Happy you are all coming.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably shouldn't mention it..... but has anyone else checked out the Akron forecast for next weekend? =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As of this (Sunday) evening from NWS:

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 71.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 53.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 77.

But of course, it's really too early to forecast with much accuracy.

For more detail as the time approaches, I like this forecast page:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...39&BackDay.y=9

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    There is a strong possibility of heavy rain mid week. It is raining now as I write, Tuesday AM. The weekend is still predicted to be sunny. You might want to consider two additional possibilities for the weekend.

Waterfalls: three within five miles of the house will be full of fast running, dramatic, water.
    Blue Hen Falls, http://www.coastalohio.com/explore/detail.asp?id=141
    Buttermilk Falls, http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterf...milkCUVA.shtml
    Brandywine Falls, http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterf...andywine.shtml

Bug repellent: pick up some that you like or try what has worked for us, Deep Woods OFF!, bug repellent in spray or toweletts.

By the way, I had been reluctant to mention earlier that Dolly and I have been frequenting the Country Maid Ice Cream shop regularly all the month of May. I didn’t want to start four pages of drooling. Eva, you have got to find him a bib. I think we can be fairly certain they will be operational this coming weekend.

The girls and I are looking forward to welcome visitors. Dolly will have seven more days of teaching first graders ahead and will be in hiding.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I signed up for a day off work. Meaning I am free Saturday & Sunday. It can not rain on our parade!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    I signed up for a day off work. Meaning I am free Saturday & Sunday. It can not rain on our parade!
    Good for you Dorothy. Weather.com for zip 44286, across the street from us agrees with you.

John

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin