Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,354   Online: 970

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbannow View Post
    Thanks John. It's an Omega D3 4x5 enlarger with a color head. Currently is has a medium format mixing box, a 6x6 carrier and a 75mm lens I believe.

And also, it's sitting in Eva's office and annoying her. I suppose if no one wants it I could turn it into a nice lamp ....

Careful what she uses for a lamp shade.

Thank you. I sent an email to Penny on the enlarger. I don't know if she is in town or where she can get email. She is scheduled to teach a class later this summer. Does the enlarger come with any other pieces parts? Is the enlarger working?

Thanks,

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Careful what she uses for a lamp shade.

Thank you. I sent an email to Penny on the enlarger. I don't know if she is in town or where she can get email. She is scheduled to teach a class later this summer. Does the enlarger come with any other pieces parts? Is the enlarger working?

Thanks,

John
    Works fine as far as I can tell - never enlarged with it but it powers on etc. It has a carrier, lens, lens cone, etc. I got it as part of a set and just don't need a 6th enlarger in the darkroom.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The girls and I got so interested in the Ledges talk that we walked the 1.8 miles around the ledges and then on to the 1.5 mile loop at the Octagon next door in 90% humidity. There are lots of springs pouring water out of the rocks so the girls didn’t suffer. I drank what was in my water bottle. Be sure to bring one for yourself.

There are several places where you get into openings in the rocks that lead you into what might be thought of as rooms with no ceiling. It is at least twenty degrees cooler there. The stairs are as described above.

The dogwood trees are no longer blooming but other plants are. The humid weather has brought out a huge array of mushroom fungus. The variety is amazing. Several years ago I did a series of twenty enlarged mushrooms using the 4x5. Later I met a photographer who lives in Mentor, probably 40 miles from here. He also had done a mushroom series of twenty and none of ours were alike.

The deer flies are just coming out. Do bring repellent. The trees hanging on by their roots spread out over the cliff walls continue to fascinate. I wish I could figure a way to get the 7x17 up there without having to carry it. The baby jogger would never get in there.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know a fellow who would be willing to carry your 7x17 if you carry his 4x5... =)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    I know a fellow who would be willing to carry your 7x17 if you carry his 4x5... =)
    Have you considered moving to Cleveland?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HERE is a link to my image of the ledges staircase, Dorothy.

Missed that post about sunrise at the falls, John. I've been to the Blue Hen Falls and made an IMAGE I'm really happy with... there were just to many people at the Brandywine falls for me to work at the time I was there. I'll have to pick you're brain a little more about it on Saturday. All the best. Shawn

Moving to Cleveland? The Steeler Fan in me would never abide it! =)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Moving to Cleveland? The Steeler Fan in me would never abide it! =)[/QUOTE]

Years ago, having taken much abuse at national sales meetings about the Indians and the Browns, I told them I had taken up gardening and sailing and the could go.... themselves.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wish I could figure a way to get the 7x17 up there without having to carry it.
    John
    How much does it weigh?

Oh, and I have a hunch I'm not going to make it before 9 on Sat morn. I wish I could, but I'll be there for morning coffee for sure!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    How much does it weigh?

Oh, and I have a hunch I'm not going to make it before 9 on Sat morn. I wish I could, but I'll be there for morning coffee for sure!
    The camera is not bad at 12#, but the film holders and lenses gather weight pretty fast. Camera, tripod and head is 43#. Add 3# for a lens and a 4 or 5# film holder and you are set to go. Were you thinking of carrying?

The wolves are going to be disappointed Friday night Dorothy, but I am sure they will be happy to see you Saturday.

Coffee at 9 AM.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The camera is not bad at 12#, but the film holders and lenses gather weight pretty fast. Camera, tripod and head is 43#. Add 3# for a lens and a 4 or 5# film holder and you are set to go. Were you thinking of carrying?

The wolves are going to be disappointed Friday night Dorothy, but I am sure they will be happy to see you Saturday.

Coffee at 9 AM.

John
    I remember in my younger days when we went backpacking and my pack was about 50#. Guess I got old or somethin'. I'd love to but I don't want the responsibility of being food for the wolves if I fall with your baby on my back!

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin