Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,543   Posts: 1,544,409   Online: 1055

Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

NE Ohio, Bi-Monthly, May 30-31, 2009 Gathering at the Powers’ House

I think it must be time for another APUG gathering in Bath, Ohio. We are five miles south of the Ohio Turnpike and Route 77.

Bob Steckmeyer and Norm Schumm were over the middle of last week to show and tell about our own prints and go see the Edward Weston-Friedlander exhibits at the Akron Art Museum. Bob and Norm were also interested in coming over in May. Shawn Dougherty wrote today asking if we could get together to shoot at the Ritchie or Kendall Ledges. Dorothy Kloss asked a long time ago if we were going to get together in May. Dale Marsh wanted to know if I was available to shoot this week. I think it must be time, but I want to be sure we don’t interfere with Bill Schwab’s bigger gathering at the end of June.

We are available Saturday and Sunday May 30 and 31. If some visitors want to camp by the garden as several did last September, you are most welcome. Come as early as Friday night. Dolly and I will have coffee made each morning and we can gather and talk by the pond. The Lady Labradors will entertain with their splashing stick routines. When we learn how many are coming we can order a porta potty if there are enough to pay for it ($110 last Sept.). If you want we can concentrate on photographing the ledges. I will steal some more Cuyahoga Valley National Park maps.

Show and tell of our prints and dinner out Saturday night. Be aware that Dolly teaches First Grade and school finishes June 9th, so we may not see much of her. All APUGgers are welcome. Who is interested in coming? What information is needed?

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love to, but I'll be at f295 that weekend (and learning how to make a lens). So how many times have you seen those exhibits now? Definitely worth every visit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alright, looking forward to it, John. I'm a for sure for Saturday afternoon and Sunday. I THINK I should be able to make it as early as Friday night this time around. Would be nice to attend the whole of one of your gatherings for a change. Thanks again. Shawn

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I'd love to, but I'll be at f295 that weekend (and learning how to make a lens). So how many times have you seen those exhibits now? Definitely worth every visit.
    Sorry to miss you Bethe. Hope we see you next event.
    I am a slow learner. That is why I keep going back. At least that is what I tell Dolly when she catches me hanging around the cookie jar.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Alright, looking forward to it, John. I'm a for sure for Saturday afternoon and Sunday. I THINK I should be able to make it as early as Friday night this time around. Would be nice to attend the whole of one of your gatherings for a change. Thanks again. Shawn
    That is great. Maybe you will even get the tent up. That had to be uncomfortable sleeping in the car last time. Thanks for the enthusiasm.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    John,

Sounds good. We have a final critique Sunday night for our upcoming group show, but should be able to make it down for Saturday morning to Sunday around noon hopefully.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    my calendar has been marked!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbannow View Post
    John,

Sounds good. We have a final critique Sunday night for our upcoming group show, but should be able to make it down for Saturday morning to Sunday around noon hopefully.

Great! Will you be camping or moteling? The girls want to know where so they can crawl into bed with you after retrieving a stick in the pond.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    my calendar has been marked!
    Dorothy,

Nothing like a well marked calendar. Does that mean you will be coming? Should we round up the coyotes for a sneak attack? We want to see what you have been photographing and printing since last Fall.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Great! Will you be camping or moteling? The girls want to know where so they can crawl into bed with you after retrieving a stick in the pond.

John
    Camping probably. Wouldn't want to tire out the girls running back and forth from the Hampton!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin