Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,787   Online: 1188

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photo 2009 - Trumbul Art Gallery

Just wanted to let anyone in the area know I'd be attending the opening of this event on Sunday. I had 3 photographs juried into the show. I've been a part of one of their all media inclusive events before, great attendance, but this is the first time for a photography only show. I was surprised to get in after reading some of their digital-centric press releases... More details are below.

PHOTO 2009:
    "Photography plays a vital role in contemporary art and is rapidly expanding through the use of digital technologies. TAG has established this exhibition as an annual, juried event to showcase the creative talents of local amateur and professional prographers alike.

The opening reception is this Sunday, May 10, 2-4 PM. with awards announced at 3 PM.

The juror Richard Mitchell will give a gallery talk at TAG about his selections for this show on Sunday, May 17, at 2 PM. Reservations are required. A $5.00 donation is suggested. He will offer the gallery talk a second date on Sunday, May 31, same time. Space is limited.
    Last edited by Shawn Dougherty; 05-07-2009 at 12:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations and good luck with the show. The requirement that all work be hand delivered tends to limit the geographic location of entrants, but I think that shows that jury from the actual work rather than jpeg representations are often better shows.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Bob. Yes, I have mixed emotions about it. As you say, hand delivered certainly limits entrants but I'd always rather look at the work if possible. Of course there were lots of students from YSU and Kent State dropping off work while I was there and I was happy to see a little more silver and alt process than expected. All the best. Shawn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congrats! It's always good to have your work in the public eye. Wish I could make it there.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    just saw this ..

good luck shawn and congratulations !

john
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks fellows. There was a great turn out and film was well represented. Looking forward to seeing you at the end of the month Jeff. Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations Shawn, sorry just saw this, but know best wishes all the same.
    Mike C

Rambles

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin