Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,037   Online: 939

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dolly just did a practice run off Peach ice cream on her one quart maker. It is the best I have ever had. Jeff, do you have your own ice cream churner or are you bringing the mix for Dolly to churn? I ask because she wants to make several batches and we don't want to have the logistics of this tripping over ourselves. There is a God.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's only the best because you haven't had bacon ice cream yet! We have a ice cream maker, which we will bring. I will just need to freeze the cylinder Friday night in your freezer. Then I can churn it Saturday afternoon and it will be ready to be devoured.

Isn't homemade ice cream the best?
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I took Friday Saturday & Sunday off from work!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll have the peanut butter mix ready by Friday! I vote for making the ice cream during the bad light hours of Sat (ie noon) and then eating when we get back from the pond. We'll need nourishment by then. And, yes, I'm ready to try bacon ice cream.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I just found out about this tonight from Shawn Dougherty. Luckily I will be driving back from Cincinnati that day and will stop in for a visit and maybe some shooting. Looking forward to meeting you all and looking at prints.
    ". . . photographing as a two-way act of respect. Respect for the medium and letting it do what it does best- describe. And respect for the subject in describing it as it is. A photograph must be responsible to both."-- Garry Winogrand

"Art is just a Series of Natural Gestures."-- John Marin

My Platinum Printing Blog

My WEBSITE

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    I took Friday Saturday & Sunday off from work!

Your tent spot is mowed and the porta potty is on order. The ditch awaits you rubbing its hands together in glee.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Boutwell View Post
    I just found out about this tonight from Shawn Dougherty. Luckily I will be driving back from Cincinnati that day and will stop in for a visit and maybe some shooting. Looking forward to meeting you all and looking at prints.
    Richard,

Welcome to our gathering. It is Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. Which day should we expect you?

We are located about five miles south of the intersection of the OH Turnpike and Rt. 77. If you will tell me how you are approaching this area (probably north on Rt 71 then NE from Medina on Rt. 271), I will be glad to send detailed instructions by PM.

John Powers

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    To all interested. Please know that this is a gathering of film users, mostly LF and MF. We are two miles from the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. At this point we have people attending from four states. It is all about the enjoyment of photography, shooting more film, meeting and enjoying like minded people and seeing what they are printing. The welcome mat is out. If you miss this one, our fifth in eleven months, we will probably have another one in two or three months.

Happy that this idea is working out.

John Powers

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The Country Maid thinks (life on a farm) they will be opening their fresh fruit store this weekend with Blueberries.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As of today I'm planning on being there Friday evening through Sunday. Got a couple of test prints out yesterday. Working with a new darkroom setup, enlarger and enlarging meter, so adjusting and reorganizing the darkroom as I go, slowly. Will have fewer days to print than I expected this week due to family schedule changes, but should have a few to show and observations to share. One is that I really like Nicholas' DA enlarging meter a lot.

Looking forward to the good company and fun. Also recalled I need to bring the Greene "Primitive Photography" book for Bethe to see, but she only gets to see it if she shows the lens(es) she's made and reports on the pinhole weekend.

Are we doing a group dinner Friday? Time?

Lee

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin