Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,558   Posts: 1,545,231   Online: 875

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7111213141516171819 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Should be on the road around 5pm, with a 3 hour drive to get there. Hopefully we will be set up by the time you all return from dinner.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    A PM exchange a few minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty
    John,
    just wanted to let you know I talked to Scott Killian a few minutes ago and he claims to be coming over for Saturday afternoon and the print show and tell that night. I'm going to meet him at the ledges and then just have him follow me back. Just wanted to give you a heads up. See you soon. Shawn

Shawn,

You have just been promoted to Director of Recruiting. The pay is not too good, but the praise and gratitude comes in truckloads.

John

Welcome Scott.
    When you have a chance please PM contact information and an emergency contact we hope not to use.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Started out at 2:00 then I had to take a detour to the auto mechanic shop. my engine light came on and it's idling high and the engine is really hot. got something 'reset' then went to my other mechanic and he said it "may" be ok to drive to Cleveland. So, I may try again. If I make it past this it will only be a good thing. Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper! So don't hold dinner for me...... I don't know if I'll make it or not and I don't have a cell phone.

AAA won't go into effect for 24 hours so I'm wing'n it. I still have Liberty Mutual just in case. I guess I will see you all if nothing goes wrong - otherwise - have fun!
    Last edited by djkloss; 07-24-2009 at 03:59 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: update

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I mounted 30 prints last night, looking forward to sharing with everyone. Sitting here at the frame shop doing paper work and wishing it were time to leave. My ETA at this point is probably around 3 to 3:30pm. Hope others brought their rain gear and are up for some inclement weather photography! Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

It does look like rain...

but here in Ohio, who knows?

Good luck and light to those in attendance. Perhaps I can be mobile enough for a Sunday morning shoot; doubtful, though, as today (Sat.) I'm not.

Sorry

Jo

Shooter
    Large Format

To go or not to go

Ok so i'm not going to be there. I thought about this for a few seconds. I had the money and really would have liked to have been there, but after 25 or so years of playing in make shift darkrooms, I am now finally building a purpose built all my own darkroom. It is in my attic. We bought our house a year ago with the set requirment of darkroom. More later in Darkroom Portraits section. Have fun all.
    Les Wall
    Leslie D. Wall
    AKA DeBone75

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jolefler View Post
    but here in Ohio, who knows?

Good luck and light to those in attendance. Perhaps I can be mobile enough for a Sunday morning shoot; doubtful, though, as today (Sat.) I'm not.

Sorry

Jo
    Jo,

Come if you can. We are having fun so there is a pretty good chance we will continue to have these. We will catch you some time.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBone 75 View Post
    Ok so i'm not going to be there. I thought about this for a few seconds. I had the money and really would have liked to have been there, but after 25 or so years of playing in make shift darkrooms, I am now finally building a purpose built all my own darkroom. It is in my attic. We bought our house a year ago with the set requirment of darkroom. More later in Darkroom Portraits section. Have fun all.
    Les Wall
    Les,

Good for you. A real darkroom helps obtain consistent results. We are missing you as well as Jo, but think about coming again at a future event.

It is approaching 7:00 AM Sunday as I write. I believe most of the group has been at Blue Hen Falls since sunrise. It is quiet here. It was quiet here when they left. Even the dogs didn’t bark. The people and dogs were loud yesterday morning. Dolly will get up in a few minuets to make sweet rolls. Coffee, rolls and talk at 10:00 AM. We had four kinds of home made ice cream last night here after a group dinner at a local restaurant. We also had some of the best picture viewing I have seen in a long time yesterday afternoon and well into the evening.

As far as I the host am concerned this is what it is all about. A gathering with 18-20 like minded people enjoying their interest, shooting, showing, talking, helping, learning from each other. It doesn’t matter that they come and go on different schedules and that there are all levels of expertise. Everyone seems to be gaining from the adventure. There is a good chance this will continue.

John
    Last edited by jp80874; 07-26-2009 at 06:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    We had a very generous visitor yesterday. Matt Pallante stopped in with bags of print paper. He shoots wonderful large pictures of the Kendall Ledges in multiple minute exposures at sunrise. He has changed from enlarging on paper to scanning his 4x5 negatives and printing digitally. He was giving his freezer to his father and wanted all that paper to go to people who would use it. The wonderful assortment was divided amongst the group. Those of us who wanted it all gently shared without blood shed. Thank you Matt, from all of us.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you, John and Dolly, for hosting the gathering at your place. I had a great time meeting everyone and photographing the beautiful surroundings. What a treat to see prints, talk photography, and eat homemade ice cream! (jury is still out on the bacon ice cream...) I look forward to seeing what everyone got and to the next meeting.

All the best,
    Daniel

p.s. Thanks Matt for the generous donation of paper

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin