Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,265   Online: 1121

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Les,

Good for you. A real darkroom helps obtain consistent results. We are missing you as well as Jo, but think about coming again at a future event.

It is approaching 7:00 AM Sunday as I write. I believe most of the group has been at Blue Hen Falls since sunrise. It is quiet here. It was quiet here when they left. Even the dogs didn’t bark. The people and dogs were loud yesterday morning. Dolly will get up in a few minuets to make sweet rolls. Coffee, rolls and talk at 10:00 AM. We had four kinds of home made ice cream last night here after a group dinner at a local restaurant. We also had some of the best picture viewing I have seen in a long time yesterday afternoon and well into the evening.

As far as I the host am concerned this is what it is all about. A gathering with 18-20 like minded people enjoying their interest, shooting, showing, talking, helping, learning from each other. It doesn’t matter that they come and go on different schedules and that there are all levels of expertise. Everyone seems to be gaining from the adventure. There is a good chance this will continue.

John
    I shoulda stayed for the icecream! But the peanut butter that you left for me was great!

Thanks John and Dolly for being such spectacular hosts! This is my second home. The print show and tell was fabulous as always. Everything was great. I only got a little bit lost on the way home, but I came home with plenty of day-dreaming material

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks to John and Dolly for being wonderful hosts over and over again, even in trying times. Our thoughts are with Alex, hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

Thanks to everyone for bringing wonderful prints to show, to Matt for the paper bonanza, to Jeff and Eva for the siphon and film, Daniel, Scott, and Shawn for the libations, and to all the ice cream makers. It was great to meet and get to know the new attendees and catch up with those who hadn't made it for a while.

I'm looking forward to the next time already.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks so much John and Dolly! I also second what Lee said.
    These get-togethers are part of what keeps me going. It's great to see wonderful prints and be able to shoot with MF and LF shooters who know what they're doing. Thanks everyone who came, too!
    I'm going to make some of that mint ice cream, but I think I'll hold off on the bacon (though it did kinda grow on me by the end).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll add my thanks to the chorus of praise for John and Dolly's hospitality.

A wonderful weekend with a great group of people and a chance to see some really stunning work.

Sorry I wasn't able to bring any work of my own, but my time has been taken up with trying to make some headway against my late father's collection of quack medical devices Lindan Collection.

Apologies, Dorothy, for the bum directions home. I tried the same route, with I am sure much the same results - WTHAI?
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    Apologies, Dorothy, for the bum directions home. I tried the same route, with I am sure much the same results - WTHAI?
    Brandywine is one of those places that "you can't get to from here". The same applies for trying to get out. Everyone is required to spend at least 30 minutes (or what seems like 30 minutes) in limbo within a given perimeter, both going and coming. Think how crowded it would be if it were easy to get to.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, it sounds as though you all had a fabulous time. I'm very happy to you that got to share and have fun together. I've never made it to Ohio in my eight year foray in the United States. Maybe some day it'll be the Powers' get-together that lures me over...

I know some of the people that attended and their personalities, and with them present it simply must have been a wonderful time!

I hope I don't find an easy route to Brandywine...

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Wow, it sounds as though you all had a fabulous time. I'm very happy to you that got to share and have fun together. I've never made it to Ohio in my eight year foray in the United States. Maybe some day it'll be the Powers' get-together that lures me over...

I know some of the people that attended and their personalities, and with them present it simply must have been a wonderful time!

I hope I don't find an easy route to Brandywine...

- Thomas
    But Thomas, it is just down the road a bit. An aeroplane would have you here in a blink of an eye. You just read a portion of the fun. Whoops here comes another opportunity. I said before that the only thing I didn't like about Bill's gathering was that you had to wait a year for them to happen again. But wait...here comes October in Ohio.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you all for coming to the gathering, having a good time and saying so. Dolly and I enjoyed it as well. Sorry two had trouble with directions. There is no easy way there from here. Thank you all for taking such good care of our home, paying for the porta potty and managing to get through the rainy moment. Sorry that I resolved the problem by taking a nap. They seem to come up more frequently now as I approach three score and ten.

We talked briefly about a next gathering. Dolly and I offered the 19-20th Sept. and/or 17-18th Oct., essentially the same weekends we met last year. Fall color dates are very difficult to pick and the experts such as Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources usually say give or take a week this far in advance. If I understood correctly there was not much push for a September gathering. If I got that wrong we are willing to listen. If nothing is said, let’s look at 17-18th Oct. Feed back will be helpful.

Thanks again for coming,

John, Dolly, Savannah and Cindy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm glad John and Dolly and the girls have welcomed us to their home again. It was good to see the fantastic work that was presented. I missed out on Sunday, as we spent a whole day at Cedar Point. 'Photography of all kinds' is prohibited on all the rides :o.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    this was my third attempt at this lovely falls. Glad we made it! Thanks everyone! (this is just a scan of the negative)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin