Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,761   Online: 963

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=djkloss;836105]this was my third attempt at this lovely falls. Glad we made it! Thanks everyone! (this is just a scan of the negative)
    QUOTE]

Dorothy,

That is wonderful, especially when you consider that I can't even get down to where you had to be with my camera. Great exposure. That is pretty tough metering.

The girls and I hiked at Blue Hen this AM, from there to Butter Milk Falls is about a mile of pretty rough terrain. You cross the stream twice each way. We started about 8:20 AM. Up to about 9-9:30 we could see beams of sun light through the trees reflecting off the humidity. It was gorgeous. Any time you want to come over I’ll take you there or at the next event in Oct.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=jp80874;836164]
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    this was my third attempt at this lovely falls. Glad we made it! Thanks everyone! (this is just a scan of the negative)
    QUOTE]

Dorothy,

That is wonderful, especially when you consider that I can't even get down to where you had to be with my camera. Great exposure. That is pretty tough metering.

The girls and I hiked at Blue Hen this AM, from there to Butter Milk Falls is about a mile of pretty rough terrain. You cross the stream twice each way. We started about 8:20 AM. Up to about 9-9:30 we could see beams of sun light through the trees reflecting off the humidity. It was gorgeous. Any time you want to come over I’ll take you there or at the next event in Oct.

John
    I may not be able to wait that long. I took two shots at that angle and one has an airbell or pinhole not sure which (clear spot on negative) and the other has what may be uneven developing (lower right corner). Just can't win! I'm going to see about the other kind of fixer. If nothing else I am determined

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=djkloss;837492]
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post

I may not be able to wait that long. I took two shots at that angle and one has an airbell or pinhole not sure which (clear spot on negative) and the other has what may be uneven developing (lower right corner). Just can't win! I'm going to see about the other kind of fixer. If nothing else I am determined
    Dorothy,

The invitation continues. The girls and I went north or rather straight up an unbelievable hill from there today along the Buckeye Trail. We stopped to admire Blue Hen both ways. At the far end we stopped at another beautiful stream through the woods.

Did I misunderstand the conversation about the holes in the film? I thought you also had the option of getting rid of two films that were known to have this problem. Why fight a known problem? You do remember the old line? The definition of insanity is continuing to do something the same way while expecting different results.

Win another contest. Have B&H deliver new film and get back over here for a re-shoot. The camp ground is always open. The girls and I hike about every other day, this week more often, making up for all that ice cream.

In the mean time I told Shawn that I blew up the church (enlarged. I don't want lurkers thinking we blow up churches) with scaffolding and the steeple in the back yard next to the Little Tykes house to 16x20. I am waiting for it to dry, but I liked it so much wet that I probably will enlarge it to 20x24 for a local "Fresh & Witty" juried exhibit. We will see. Entry is in one week and I am waiting for developer from B&H.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=jp80874;837545]

Dorothy,

Did I misunderstand the conversation about the holes in the film? I thought you also had the option of getting rid of two films that were known to have this problem. Why fight a known problem? You do remember the old line? The definition of insanity is continuing to do something the same way while expecting different results.
    John
    I'm not ready to give up on Ilford FP4+ just yet. I like slow film. I'd rather look at all the other variables - acid vs alkaline fixer for starters - may try the TF-4 from Photoformulary. I read that Rodinal is a high alkaline developer. And anyway, aren't you supposed to believe everything that's on the internet?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=djkloss;837557]
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post

I'm not ready to give up on Ilford FP4+ just yet. I like slow film. I'd rather look at all the other variables - acid vs alkaline fixer for starters - may try the TF-4 from Photoformulary. I read that Rodinal is a high alkaline developer. And anyway, aren't you supposed to believe everything that's on the internet?
    I doubt FP4 is causing the pinholes. It's a great film, and manufactured to high tolerances.

TF-4 is great stuff, btw. We use it for film and paper here at casa de Bannow.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Jeff Bannow;837568]

I doubt FP4 is causing the pinholes. It's a great film, and manufactured to high tolerances.

TF-4 is great stuff, btw. We use it for film and paper here at casa de Bannow.

I'm not sure it's a pinhole. Just a spot where the emulsion is missing or undeveloped or something. All the more reason to go back and try again

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874
    In the mean time I told Shawn that I blew up the church (enlarged. I don't want lurkers thinking we blow up churches) with scaffolding and the steeple in the back yard next to the Little Tykes house to 16x20. I am waiting for it to dry, but I liked it so much wet that I probably will enlarge it to 20x24 for a local "Fresh & Witty" juried exhibit. We will see. Entry is in one week and I am waiting for developer from B&H.

John
    Good luck, John!

Dorothy. I have gotten to know 4x5 FP4+ in Rodinal quite well. I have some instructions put together. I'll dig them up and forward them along to you.

I've used TF4 also and it works great. I now use Sprint fixer and have a local source that makes it convenient. It has little smell and seems to speed my selenium toning. Might be worth a shot.

Shawn
    Last edited by Shawn Dougherty; 07-30-2009 at 08:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I purchased from Nicholas / Darkroom Automation his exposure meter last weekend. Last night I used it for the first time, and was able to get a good print every try, with no test strips. These are all just work prints, but it was nice to be able to do 4 work prints in less than 2 hours. I'm pretty happy with it and will definitely be using it regularly in the future.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin