Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,861   Posts: 1,583,168   Online: 734

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbannow View Post
    We will have choices then - Country Maid, Honey Hut & Bethe's Homemade!
    Don't leave out Dolly. Dolly also has an ice cream maker. Bethe and Dolly had a long conversation the last time Bethe was over and agreed to produce ice cream the next time they were together. In addition I believe there is yet another one in Dolly's family. She plans to be up to speed on the challenge by the end of the month. School is out and the new Dolly is also. We spent the morning out photographing a new project with the 8x10 while Dolly sketched and photographed for future paintings.

John & Dolly

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Don't leave out Dolly. Dolly also has an ice cream maker. Bethe and Dolly had a long conversation the last time Bethe was over and agreed to produce ice cream the next time they were together. In addition I believe there is yet another one in Dolly's family. She plans to be up to speed on the challenge by the end of the month. School is out and the new Dolly is also. We spent the morning out photographing a new project with the 8x10 while Dolly sketched and photographed for future paintings.

John & Dolly
    I could probably be persuaded to make a batch of my famous bacon ice cream ...
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbannow View Post
    I could probably be persuaded to make a batch of my famous bacon ice cream ...
    Who is going to persuade him? Hurry, Hurry. Stand in line.

John

Shooter
    35mm

As of right now, I can make those dates. Hopefully there is nothing major going on that disables me from going.
    Thanks everyone!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=TheSohnly;
    As of right now, I can make those dates. Hopefully there is nothing major going on that disables me from going.
    Thanks everyone![/QUOTE]

Hi Kevin,

Welcome again to APUG and our NE OH gatherings. As the date approaches I will send directions on how to get to our house from the OH Turnpike exit and any other information needed. Some people camp in our back yard, others stay at local motels 5-6 miles away. If there is a large enough group coming we chip in for the $110 cost of a porta potty since our house is on an old septic system. Otherwise the costs are your food, transportation and film. We hope you will bring samples of your prints for show and tell. We always spend some time seeing what others are doing and what they think of our work. We learn from each other.

Welcome.

John Powers

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    We hope you will bring samples of your prints for show and tell.
    I have never made a print in my life and wouldn't know how to start. The best thing I have done is to get the 4 rolls of film I've shot process and scanned to a cd at Wal-Mart (which I have saved on my laptop.)
    I only got 4-5 keepers from all of these, but I consider it a success as it was my first shoot ever.
    Prints are kind of expensive so I didn't get any made yet.
    I'll definitely bring my laptop if this is the case.

How many rolls of film should I bring? I'll be bringing 3 cameras (a TLR, an SLR, and my digital P&S)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSohnly View Post
    I have never made a print in my life and wouldn't know how to start. The best thing I have done is to get the 4 rolls of film I've shot process and scanned to a cd at Wal-Mart (which I have saved on my laptop.)
    I only got 4-5 keepers from all of these, but I consider it a success as it was my first shoot ever.
    Prints are kind of expensive so I didn't get any made yet.
    I'll definitely bring my laptop if this is the case.

How many rolls of film should I bring? I'll be bringing 3 cameras (a TLR, an SLR, and my digital P&S)
    Kevin,

Bring what you have and no doubt some in the group will have some ideas for you. If you are interested in making prints in the future I can show you my darkroom, recommend some basic how to books and suggest you check out the local community college to see if they have wet darkroom courses. I have taken several courses at the University of Akron so maybe they have some in Toledo.

Bring as many cameras as you want, but the usual advice is to concentrate on one, get good with that and branch out from there. We all shoot at different speeds so only you can guess how much film you will need.

Most of all enjoy what you are doing.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm running really low on funds lately. Frames, mat board etc., etc. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it this time, but that may change..... Maybe I'll get lucky & sell something!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    I'm running really low on funds lately. Frames, mat board etc., etc. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it this time, but that may change..... Maybe I'll get lucky & sell something!
    I'm sorry to hear that Dorothy. I'm not up in MI for the same reason. It is a tough season out there. I hope you can get it together.

As for getting lucky, I mentioned that to Savannah and she said not until I turned into a tennis ball. Of course some times in the mirror...

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    good news... I won third place $400! in our Erie Arts Festival for my 'Rocks & Water' print. If I don't spend it all between now & then at B&H, I may be able to swing it. Maybe I should get a AAA membership too!

Also, a friend of mine in Erie is getting rid of some of his darkroom equipment. He's willing to give it away. If not it goes in the dumpster. A 'Metorette" film & print processor that goes up to 20x24 prints, a Durst continuous color processor (8x10), a Durst Autofocus 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 enlarger (for $100), and some analyzers. If you're interested, pm me and I'll give you his number.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin