Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,914   Online: 785

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    good news... I won third place $400! in our Erie Arts Festival for my 'Rocks & Water' print. If I don't spend it all between now & then at B&H, I may be able to swing it. Maybe I should get a AAA membership too!

Also, a friend of mine in Erie is getting rid of some of his darkroom equipment. He's willing to give it away. If not it goes in the dumpster. A 'Metorette" film & print processor that goes up to 20x24 prints, a Durst continuous color processor (8x10), a Durst Autofocus 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 enlarger (for $100), and some analyzers. If you're interested, pm me and I'll give you his number.

Congratulations on the big win Dorothy. Send Savannah the money and she will hold it for you here at the party. I hope someone is interested in your generous equipment offer. Are there any other goodies there? Thank you.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    good news... I won third place $400! in our Erie Arts Festival for my 'Rocks & Water' print. If I don't spend it all between now & then at B&H, I may be able to swing it. Maybe I should get a AAA membership too!
    Congrats! It's well deserved.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very nice Dorothy! Hope you can make it to the gathering.

Any way your friend could give you a complete list with model #'s etc to post here?

As for enlargers, there are a couple near me, including what I think is an Elwood 5x7 (B&J Solar) that I should rescue from a likely trip to the dumpster, but I don't have the room even to store in in hopes of a future home.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Also, a friend of mine in Erie is getting rid of some of his darkroom equipment. He's willing to give it away. If not it goes in the dumpster. A 'Metorette" film & print processor that goes up to 20x24 prints, a Durst continuous color processor (8x10), a Durst Autofocus 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 enlarger (for $100), and some analyzers. If you're interested, pm me and I'll give you his number.
    Dorothy,

I have sent an email to the head of the Photography Dept. at University of Akron to see if they are interested. They have a color Lab and processors. I don't know if this fits their needs but I'll let you know what I hear. Thank you. Jeff & Eva donated the Omega enlarger last month. Hopefully the power supply will join it later this month.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations, Dorothy! It's well-deserved!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks everyone. I had no idea how much one print could take out of me emotionally and spiritually. Of the thousands of negatives I have, it's probably one of my favorites. Do you guys ever experience that? Where you get really attached to an image?

As for goodies, John, another friend of mine has a 4x5 Wisner Technical Field Camera, just like mine. I think he's ready to come down on the price. Originally he wanted almost 2 grande, but when I told him ebay only wanted $1000, he might be willing to take that. It's a really nice camera.

Lee, I tried getting model numbers but didn't get very far.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, and the guy with the Wisner still has an 8x10 Ellwood enlarger.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Dorothy,

I have sent an email to the head of the Photography Dept. at University of Akron to see if they are interested. They have a color Lab and processors. I don't know if this fits their needs but I'll let you know what I hear. Thank you. John
    Dorothy,
    I got an email back from Penny. She thanks us for thinking of her and U Akron but she doesn't think they can use the equipment. She suggests your friend list on Graig's list or eBay. Thank you.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Considering how much space we devote to ice cream in these NE OH gathering threads I thought I should mention there was an interesting article by Vera Kuzyk in NY Times, Sunday, June 28, 2009 titled, “Moving from Wall Street to an ice cream business, and not looking back.” I imagine you can look it up on line. I will send the text to Jeff & Eva. Two former J.P Morgan employees bought two Manhattan stores a year ago and have been in ice cream heaven ever since. “Before we could complete the purchase, I had to attend Haagen-Daze University in Minnesota. And then my life changed.” It has been working so well they intend to buy additional stores. I wonder if they have considered this location.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ice cream college?!? Where do I sign up?
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin