Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,955   Online: 790
      
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 188
  1. #51
    jp80874's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bath, OH 44210 USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,433
    Images
    6
    A local event coinciding with our dates might provide some very unusual street photography. Hale Farm is about four miles from us. Everything in Hale Farm is geared to a Civil War time frame. If anyone is doing wet plate this would be perfect, but it should work pretty well in silver as well.

    “The Western Reserve Carriage Association, Carriages in the Park - at Hale Farm & Village featuring horse-drawn transportation and competition, admission $10 per person.
    July 25 & 26

    Saturday 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
    Sunday 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm

    This special weekend when you visit Hale Farm & Village you will see an era before the automobile as Hale Farm & Village is pleased to host Carriages in the Park. You will see and learn about 19th Century Carriages and get carried away during this unique weekend in the valley!”

    Dolly’s mother is a past president of The Western Reserve Carriage Association. She has two horse drawn two wheeled carriages and a horse drawn sleigh, that were hand made for her by Amish craftsmen. If anyone is interested I am sure she would be happy to have them photographed, especially if you gave her a print.

    John

  2. #52
    ic-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,219
    Due to a slight change of plans and the generalized hyperactive state of 4 kids on a cottage lake, we were not able to make it over to Photostock. However, grandpa and grandma did make home-made ice cream for the kids last week!

    During the week I shot 6 rolls of Arista.edu 400 with my beater Rolliecord. I really like family vacation pictures in little black and white square photographs.

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    420
    Images
    5

    I used to reserve...

    the silver for "serious" photos, but my small family seems to really like the 2 1/4" square paper prints better than looking at photos on the computer.

    Besides, what photos are more "serious" than those of family?

    Jo

  4. #54
    Shawn Dougherty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,133
    Images
    290
    I have an unopened bag of D-76 to make one gallon and an unopened bag of ZoneIV print developer. Free to whomever will use them. Let me know and I'll bring them to the gathering. Shawn

  5. #55
    jp80874's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bath, OH 44210 USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,433
    Images
    6
    Thanks Shawn. You have been most generous. I am sure someone will want these.

    We have another "street" photography application that might be of interest. Howe Meadow is 3-4 miles south of Peninsula on River Road paralleling the Cuyahoga River. Every Saturday morning from 9-12 there is a farmer’s market. Dolly and I have gone to the last three. The farmers set up open walled display tents with a table piled high with product on the customer side, a truck or van on the other. At peak time there may be 300-500 people, beautiful people, beautiful veggies, fruits, pastries, jams, cooking on site, shopping/haggling, a strolling singer guitar player, kids running and playing, people of all ages and dress, a bundle of activity. Besides being photogenic, it all tastes pretty good as well.

    John

  6. #56

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toledo
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Thanks Shawn. You have been most generous. I am sure someone will want these.

    We have another "street" photography application that might be of interest. Howe Meadow is 3-4 miles south of Peninsula on River Road paralleling the Cuyahoga River. Every Saturday morning from 9-12 there is a farmer’s market. Dolly and I have gone to the last three. The farmers set up open walled display tents with a table piled high with product on the customer side, a truck or van on the other. At peak time there may be 300-500 people, beautiful people, beautiful veggies, fruits, pastries, jams, cooking on site, shopping/haggling, a strolling singer guitar player, kids running and playing, people of all ages and dress, a bundle of activity. Besides being photogenic, it all tastes pretty good as well.

    John
    I think I've got to come now. It sounds like it's right where I want to be. I've got to stock up on film now...

  7. #57
    jp80874's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bath, OH 44210 USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,433
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSohnly View Post
    I think I've got to come now. It sounds like it's right where I want to be. I've got to stock up on film now...
    The good thing about shooting at a farmer's market is that if you don't see the shot you want you can always have something nice to eat until the shot comes along.

    John

  8. #58
    Shawn Dougherty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,133
    Images
    290
    Ok, the D-76 is spoken for. That still leaves an unopened bag of ZoneVI print developer.... Shawn

  9. #59
    djkloss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Erie, Pa
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    649
    Images
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Ok, the D-76 is spoken for. That still leaves an unopened bag of ZoneVI print developer.... Shawn
    What is Zone VI developer? properties? I might be interested

  10. #60
    djkloss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Erie, Pa
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    649
    Images
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Thanks Shawn. You have been most generous. I am sure someone will want these.

    We have another "street" photography application that might be of interest. Howe Meadow is 3-4 miles south of Peninsula on River Road paralleling the Cuyahoga River. Every Saturday morning from 9-12 there is a farmer’s market. Dolly and I have gone to the last three. The farmers set up open walled display tents with a table piled high with product on the customer side, a truck or van on the other. At peak time there may be 300-500 people, beautiful people, beautiful veggies, fruits, pastries, jams, cooking on site, shopping/haggling, a strolling singer guitar player, kids running and playing, people of all ages and dress, a bundle of activity. Besides being photogenic, it all tastes pretty good as well.

    John
    That sounds like fun. My local camera club has "assigned subjects" and one of them is "on the street". sounds like a plan... at least it's an option.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin