Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,065   Online: 1090

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    What is Zone VI developer? properties? I might be interested
    I've used it very little... I've attached a picture I took from Calumet photo. Below is the description I've found for it...

I've been trying different things now and again for the last 5 years. I finally feel like I've got my process and chemicals dialed in and have settled on highly dilute Rodinal for my negs and Amidol and Ansco 130 for my prints. Time to get rid of the rest... Just hope someone else can use it.

"Zone VI Studios Print Developer

A superior formula for the production of highest quality black and white prints.

Prepare a stock solution: While constantly stirring slowly add the contents of small packet to about 3½ qts. (3 liters) of water at no less than 110°F, slowly add the contents of large packet while continuing to stir. Add cool water to make one gallon (3.8 liters). Stir until solution is uniform.

Directions for use: Dilute 1 part stock with 3 parts water and develop prints for two minutes at 70°F."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails z6pd.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    That sounds like fun. My local camera club has "assigned subjects" and one of them is "on the street". sounds like a plan... at least it's an option.
    That is what I am trying to do, give options that might have potential for the group.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another enlarger popped up near the area in case anyone's interested: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/pho/1246221993.html

Omega D2 Enlarger with Dichroic II head. Handles 4x5 negatives. Includes Chromegatrol timer and base. Was from a photography studio has not been used in many years. I have never used it so it's being sold AS IS.
    $75.00 cash and carry.
    The zip code in the add is for Lakewood, OH, which is on the west side of Cleveland.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It is a week and a half to gathering time and the thread is very quiet. Is there still interest in an event? Do you have prints for show and tell? Bethe is bringing an ice cream maker. When shall we have Bethe’s volunteered pinhole lecture and demonstration? Jeff & Eva please remember the power supply for the enlarger you donated to U Akron. For those who went to Photostock, please bring stories of the event and pictures you shot or showed. Dorothy, have you held on to enough prize money to make the trip? Does anyone have anything else to sell, donate or trade? How are the prints from the morning shoot at Kendall Ledges coming out?

I am working on a new 8x10 project. I have developed a few negatives and hope to make contact proof prints by then for your feed back on the idea.

Does this thread have any arm chair lurkers who would like to join us?

We had a crisis for the campers. The clutch blew up on the 47 year old mowing tractor. That is now repaired and I can mow the yard. It was looking like chainsaw time. Do we have campers coming?

What are your thoughts?

John, Dolly, Savannah and Cindy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Still in my plans, and should remain that way. I have a scheme in place to get some prints done before this one. Wish me luck.

I'll be staying over at least one night, perhaps two, van camping (vamping?). I guess that depends in part on how many are coming in Friday evening, and if anyone's shooting really early Sat. I may have an equipment idea to show on variable contrast printing.

I can pitch in on the portable outhouse if one is rented.

People please PM me if I made any promises about things to bring. I should have Nicholas' WWII history documentary in hand.

Lee

(In the interest of keeping attendance high, I promise I'll limit the vamping to either shoe repair or musical accompaniment.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Dorothy, have you held on to enough prize money to make the trip? Do we have campers coming?

What are your thoughts?

John, Dolly, Savannah and Cindy
    I still have enough prize money left to make it provided I don't end up in a ditch between now & then I don't know yet when or if I'll have time to get any prints together. I think you've seen everything I have. I'd like to come Friday night through Sunday afternoon, but that remains to be seen.

Looking forward to seeing everybody. It's now back to film testing (FP4+ and Rodinal - any ideas?) Lee - I have a tambourine!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Great Lee,

Glad you are coming. Looking forward to the VC printing idea. Thanks for the rental chip in offer.
    Please all who are camping let me know if I should schedule a porta potty. It was $110 last Sept.
    House rule #3, no vamping outside, inside or on top of, the porta potty, with or without shoes and music.
    Three cheers for potential prints.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm willing to chip in for a portapotty

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Great news Dorothy.

Please bring the prize winner unless it is still on display or sold. I am trying to remember which one it is and think we really shouldn't have to remember. Besides with my senior brain there are no memories. A winner like yours deserves a repeat performance.

House rule #3 also applies to tambourines, especially on top of the house.

Glad to have you back.

John

Edit PS, our messages overlapped. We will count on you camping. As soon as we get a further head count I will call the porta potty people.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Great news Dorothy.

Please bring the prize winner unless it is still on display or sold. I am trying to remember which one it is and think we really shouldn't have to remember. Besides with my senior brain there are no memories. A winner like yours deserves a repeat performance.

Will you be camping as you have before or going to the down. dirty and cheap motel around the corner?
    House rule #3 also applies to tambourines, especially on top of the house.

Glad to have you back.

John
    I pick up the prize winner on the 16th and haven't decided whether or not to enter it in the next show. If I don't, I'll have to print something else and deliver it on July 24 for the next one. Just love those deadlines! Oh, I have another piece in the annual "Lily Show" in Cambridge Springs (also juried).

I'll be tenting - motel wants $40 which I'd rather spend on film (or icecream!)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin