Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,351   Online: 818

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    I pick up the prize winner on the 16th and haven't decided whether or not to enter it in the next show. If I don't, I'll have to print something else and deliver it on July 24 for the next one. Just love those deadlines! Oh, I have another piece in the annual "Lily Show" in Cambridge Springs (also juried).

I'll be tenting - motel wants $40 which I'd rather spend on film (or icecream!)
    WOW!! You are going like gang busters. Good for you.

I reminded Dolly at dinner tonight that she and Bethe were going to make ice cream this event. She said, "Oh, we better test that out before the weekend." Don't tell Jeff.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    NB: Dolly and I were at the Country Maid the other night. I was having peach ice cream. The owner reminded me that the peaches come from their orchard. He also said that if the weather holds they may have a crop of blueberries coming in by our weekend. My favorite fruit.

John
    Last edited by jp80874; 07-13-2009 at 07:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The new photography wing has opened at the Cleveland Museum of Art as part of the major expansion and the recent east wing opening. Much as Bethe mentioned at the Carnegie Museum, CMA has a three room exhibit of portraits from their own collection going. It is really good stuff if you have time to stop in or if weather makes that choice for us.

The Akron Art Museum has:
    William Wegman: Fay; May 16, 2009 - August 16, 2009
    The Akron Art Museum is deeply honored to be one of only two venues to present William Wegman: Fay, a wonderfully witty and moving exhibition about the artistic collaboration between William Wegman (b. 1943) and his celebrated Weimaraner Fay (1984 - 1995).

June 6, 2009 - October 4, 2009
    The Knight Purchase Award: Helen Levitt comprises pictures from the Akron Art Museum's collection including works donated by the artist's colleagues, friends and admirers over the past decade, as well as the recent Knight Award purchases.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We're both coming! We plan on camping, arriving Friday night.

Looking forward to lots of ice cream, and maybe shooting a few pictures too. I read the article, John, and realized I am the wrong business. Unfortunately, I think if I ran an ice cream shoppe I would eat all the product. Sometimes life isn't fair ...

The exhibits sound pretty interesting too. I'll like to see the Wegman for sure if I get a chance.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I need to call the hotel, but I'm planning on coming. I don't remember volunteering anything pinhole, but I'll bring the lenses I made in the workshop. And the ice cream maker, of course. Though if Country Maid has fresh blueberries, I'll leave the rest of you the ice cream I make and head over there. mmmmm, blueberries...

Oh, and if I manage to develop my film by then, I'll bring Photostock shots. No guarantees the way I've been going (having well water sucks sometimes - rust isn't going to help the negs). Though after seeing all the shots posted so far, I don't know if I'll bother - mine are not nearly that good, even in my head.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    We're both coming! We plan on camping, arriving Friday night.

Looking forward to lots of ice cream, and maybe shooting a few pictures too. I read the article, John, and realized I am the wrong business. Unfortunately, I think if I ran an ice cream shoppe I would eat all the product. Sometimes life isn't fair ...

The exhibits sound pretty interesting too. I'll like to see the Wegman for sure if I get a chance.
    Glad you are both coming. I'll tell the tractor driver to mow the Bickerson's homested. You just volunteered to contribute to the porta potty.

Re: the ice cream store. Working for Remington Arms and a lifetime in boats has taught me that the people who make a profession of their hobby get to watch other people enjoy it or go into receivership trying to do it and play it at the same time.

I'll tell the girls to round up some sticks. Little green apples have become the treasure of choice to hide in their jaws as they come back into the house.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I need to call the hotel, but I'm planning on coming. I don't remember volunteering anything pinhole, but I'll bring the lenses I made in the workshop.

(Quote) Oh, yeah... I say the missing Fisher owes us a full report at the next gathering on the activities that kept her away from from our gathering. Perhaps that could be one of the 'workshop' style activities that John asked about. It's dangerous to miss a gathering, you might get elected to something. (Lee Lumpkin)

Oh no, what did I "volunteer" for this time? Next time I see you guys, I'll bring the lenses I made this weekend. It was a blast. I may post the shots when I get around to scanning them. Can I flip something from neg to pos and left to right in PS and still post it in the gallery? We shot on paper for the slowness (using lens caps as shutters).
    Sorry I missed your outing, but I will be at Photostock.

Ah, the price of not attending the May meeting. One can only protect her volunteering when present.

Quote)And the ice cream maker, of course. Though if Country Maid has fresh blueberries, I'll leave the rest of you the ice cream I make and head over there. mmmmm, blueberries...

Oh, and if I manage to develop my film by then, I'll bring Photostock shots. No guarantees the way I've been going (having well water sucks sometimes - rust isn't going to help the negs). Though after seeing all the shots posted so far, I don't know if I'll bother - mine are not nearly that good, even in my head.

Come on, your pictures are great, and have your own personal spin. We are often our own worst critic. Let us beat you up instead. You know our critiques are abusive and cruel.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    I'll be there. I plan on setting up a small tent and would be happy to contribute to the PP fund. Looking forward to it. Shawn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Glad you are both coming. I'll tell the tractor driver to mow the Bickerson's homested. You just volunteered to contribute to the porta potty.

John
    I vote we dig a hole in the ground instead. Works for the puppies!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I plan on being there - will probably camp, so I'll chip in for PP rental.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin