Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,833   Online: 1168

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    I vote we dig a hole in the ground instead. Works for the puppies!
    We discovered that ground bees had already done that by the charcoal grill. We hope to have that taken care of by your arrival.

We have not been able to talk the puppies into putting anything into the holes they dig. You are welcome to bring plastic bags with you to take home with you what you wish to discharge.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    John,
    I'll be there. I plan on setting up a small tent and would be happy to contribute to the PP fund. Looking forward to it. Shawn
    Shawn,

Glad you are coming. Thanks for the contribution. Looking forward to seeing what you shot last time.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    We discovered that ground bees had already done that by the charcoal grill. We hope to have that taken care of by your arrival.

We have not been able to talk the puppies into putting anything into the holes they dig. You are welcome to bring plastic bags with you to take home with you what you wish to discharge.

John
    I guess we'll have to kick in for a porta-potty as well if needed then.

- Jeff
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    I plan on being there - will probably camp, so I'll chip in for PP rental.

Thanks for coming and for the contribution, Nicholas. The garden and we await you.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I guess we'll have to kick in for a porta-potty as well if needed then.

- Jeff
    Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Who is going to persuade him? Hurry, Hurry. Stand in line.

John

I made up a batch of bacon ice cream again last weekend and it was mighty good. You sure you don't want me to bring some?

- Jeff

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I made up a batch of bacon ice cream again last weekend and it was mighty good. You sure you don't want me to bring some?

- Jeff
    Bring it. Sounds good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Bring it. Sounds good.
    Excellent. More willing victims ... err, customers!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Though if Country Maid has fresh blueberries, I'll leave the rest of you the ice cream I make and head over there. mmmmm, blueberries...

If you feel the same about wild raspberries take a walk down by the tents when you are here. I just mowed the yard. That field is bordered on three sides by wild raspberries. They could be ready or gone in a week depending on the weather and birds. They are soooo delicate and good.

John

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow

- Jeff
    Bring it. Sounds good.
    So, I had a dentist appointment this morning because I cracked a tooth due to chomping down accidentally on a stray chip of chitonous exoskeleton from some shellfish I ate during the Photostock 2009 event. Looks like a crown is in my future. However, the dentist cut me loose this morning after a brief exam. Since I wasn't numb from Novocaine and thought myself unexpectedly capable able of drinking a cup of coffee without dribbling it all down my front this particular morning, I decided to partake of some breakfast. Eggs Benedict sounded good, but hard to find in Kalamazoo. I thought maybe the local IHOP might have it on the menu, so I stopped there.

No such luck, though they did have a couple items smothered in Hollandaise. But, I ended up ordering some crepes filled with a chocolate-hazelnut sauce and bananas, all covered with strawberries, strawberry sauce, and a humungoid dollop of whipped cream. I also had two eggs over easy, hash browns, cafe au lait, and yes, bacon.

Now, I sat staring at the mound of whipped cream and then at the bacon. And then the whipped cream. And then the bacon. You see where this is going, don't you?

Not being as vanilla as I had been in my youth, I admit I was tempted and yes dear friends, I gave in to the temptation. Hallelujah! More sugar and all that...

It actually was a pretty good combo and I suspect, fairly close to what bacon ice cream might be like (perhaps with a bit of air thrown in).

Got me thinking: "What will Jeff suggest next - Salmon Sorbet? Frozen Calamari Custard? Flan Escargot?" :o

Joe

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin