Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,148   Online: 833

Page 1 of 19 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

NE Ohio, July 25-26th, 2009 Apug Gathering at the Powers’ House

We have just finished another great regional Apug gathering, Saturday and Sunday May 30 and 31. The consensus was that it was such fun we should do it again until we get it right. Thirteen Apug members from three states were here having a ball. We want those members to come back July 25-26 and we want other Apug members in the region to know they are welcome to join us.

The event will be in Bath, Ohio, five miles south of the Ohio Turnpike and Route 77, meeting at a private home, two miles from the edge of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. If some visitors want to camp by the garden, you are most welcome. Others can stay at local motels. Come as early as Friday night. Dolly and I will have coffee made each morning and we can gather and talk by the pond. The Lady Labradors will entertain with their splashing stick routines. When we learn how many are coming we can order a porta potty if there are enough to pay for it ($110 last Sept.).

In general we will encourage early risers to go shoot in the morning. This event we will meet at our house for coffee and conversation at 10:00 AM, an hour later than previously to allow more shooting time. We will try conversation, Show and Tell of prints, equipment or workshop techniques in the afternoon. We will probably have dinner out early Saturday night to allow for sunset shooting. We are trying to have a loose organizational shell under which all Apug cats may be comfortably herded. The plan will evolve until the majority are happy and the protesters fall asleep.

All APUGgers are welcome. Who is interested in coming? What information is needed?

Hosts, John & Dolly Powers

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    General information from previous gatherings and threads:

An 11x13 foot darkroom is available for loading film holders, naps and emergencies.

Download the CVNP park map http://www.nps.gov/carto/PDF/CUVAmap1.pdf
    Last event we climbed and shot in the Virginia Kendall Area http://www.nps.gov/cuva/planyourvisi...T_20041018.pdf
    And specifically the Ledges Trail map http://www.nps.gov/cuva/planyourvisi...V_20080414.pdf
    Bring copies of the maps with you.

The cheap flea-bag hotel down the road that offered showers at $40 a night. http://www.theohiomotel.com/

There can be a camp fire for talk near the tents. Bring a camp chair, Deep Woods OFF! in towlettes or spray and look out for poison ivy in the woods. Bring your own drinks and snacks. Morning coffee and sweet rolls is about all we can afford.

Please post your travel plans so we know who is coming and when to expect you.

Weather.com for zip 44286 gives expected weather for the weekend and even hourly guesstimates. Foul weather fall back: The William Wegman: Fay and a Helen Levitt exhibits will be on at the Akron Art Museum.

Last event Jeff and Eva donated an enlarger to the University of Akron. Mention donations, wtb, for sale or for giveaway in advance so others can plan or request.

You all come.

John & Dolly

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Haven't been back to OH in five years. I'm gonna have to come to one. Have fun, John.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those dates work fine for me. Gives me a goal for getting my work from AZ/NM finished! Thanks again, John (and Dolly!). It's always a great time and one couldn't ask for more gracious hosts. Shawn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Can't wait John. I'm sure it will be a blast as always.

Everyone should come, for the sweet rolls if nothing else!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very generous of you and Dolly, John. Unfortunately I'll be hitting Coffer's Wet Plate Jamboree the following weekend and it wouldn't fly well with my boss. I'll try to make the next bi-monthly.

Bill

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbannow View Post
    Can't wait John. I'm sure it will be a blast as always.

Everyone should come, for the sweet rolls if nothing else!
    Oh My Gosh. I better call the Counry Maid. They have no idea how close they are to receivership.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Haven't been back to OH in five years. I'm gonna have to come to one. Have fun, John.
    You have got to stop threatening us and just show up.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Those dates work fine for me. Gives me a goal for getting my work from AZ/NM finished! Thanks again, John (and Dolly!). It's always a great time and one couldn't ask for more gracious hosts. Shawn

I'll set up the table for critique. You are on.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    and it wouldn't fly well with my boss. I'll try to make the next bi-monthly.

Bill
    Yeah Bill, Sorry to miss you, but I know the Boss thing.

I ran the July date by Dolly for clearance. She looked it up on her calendar and said sure there was no conflict. Then you could see her mind go over a speed bump in the road. She said, Wait, there was one in September, one in March, one in May. When did this become Bimonthly?

I said, Oh that was Steckmeyer. He dreamed it up.
    Lookout Bob when you come over next. If she remembers, we are both dead.

John

john

Page 1 of 19 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin