Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,471   Posts: 1,570,930   Online: 788

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

NE Ohio September Gathering

John Powers - the originator and gracious host of the NE Ohio gatherings - has sent out emails suggesting a September gathering. I am posting the information he supplied in order to spread the news farther afield - (completely bypassing the courtesy of asking John about it first.)

Sept 5-6 or 26-27 have been suggested as dates and Nelson Ledges has been suggested as a venue.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for either or both dates. Color will be better in late September - but some are just blind to this attraction.

Nelson Ledges is about half way between Cleveland and the Pennsylvania line, in the Pittsburgh direction. That makes it a shorter ride for the Pennsylvania contingent, but adds about 20 miles for those coming straight from Detroit. It's about a 40 mile (?) ride from John's house.

John supplied the following links for more information about Nelson Ledges:

There are other photogenic areas in the vicinity:

For people wishing to stay in the Nelson Ledges area -

Along with the usual motel chains, though they will be a bit farther afield in this part of the country.

John has also offered to host campers - I'll leave the exposition of the offer to him.

For those of you who will be bringing Speed Graphics for action shots, there is a race track nearby.

These gatherings have been going of for a bit over a year now, are open to all who show up - and lots do, and are a whole lot of fun.
    Last edited by Nicholas Lindan; 08-11-2009 at 01:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thank you for posting this. I'll keep it on my to-do list and hopefully will be able to get away.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dolly and I are waiting for feedback from those who have attended these events before to determine if there will be a September gathering or if we should wait until October as discussed at the last event. Thank you all who have come before and those who may be attending in the future. I will post about a September event as soon as possible.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I must apologize to all here, and most of all to John -- I completely jumped the gun on this.

The what, where, when and if are still up in the air, and John was merely sending out feelers
    for the possibility of an event.

Blew it big time...
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, ya'all got me so inspired that I made my first contact prints! Normally I make 11x14 or 16x20 but the ones I saw at the last event were soooo kool, that I thought I'd try it. Maybe prematurely posting this will get the ball rolling. I could always donate a bottle of enthusiam if you like!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    I must apologize to all here, and most of all to John -- I completely jumped the gun on this.

The what, where, when and if are still up in the air, and John was merely sending out feelers
    for the possibility of an event.

Blew it big time...
    Not to worry Nicholas. We just had a miscommunication. When more feedback is received from the group we can reach a consensus and make a plan.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    ....I could always donate a bottle of enthusiam if you like!
    Dorothy, You will just have to do better than that. You bring gallons of enthusiasm to each event. It is the staple of our events. How can you possibly add to that?

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Speaking of motivation, I want to publicly thank Jeff, Eva and Bethe for talking, bringing and helping us enjoy home made ice cream. Dolly was so inspired we had pineapple sherbet a few days ago and dark chocolate tonight. Yesterday Dolly was on the phone with her daughter in Denver discussing ice cream makers and potential fruit ice cream combinations. I think the fatter clothes are coming out for the fall season.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Speaking of motivation, I want to publicly thank Jeff, Eva and Bethe for talking, bringing and helping us enjoy home made ice cream. Dolly was so inspired we had pineapple sherbet a few days ago and dark chocolate tonight. Yesterday Dolly was on the phone with her daughter in Denver discussing ice cream makers and potential fruit ice cream combinations. I think the fatter clothes are coming out for the fall season.

John
    No problem. You need one of these now - http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-ICE-...0035762&sr=8-9
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You gotta get one of these to go with it... It's a chocolate machine and it spits out chocolate like a fountain!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin