Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,059   Online: 1038

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Didn't know what granita was. "A granita is a traditional Italian dessert and can vary widely in texture based on its freezing method. Those produced in a gelato machine ..." Didn't know there was a gelato machine.

I sense a gas attack. Okay Shawn and Dale have bought two of my unused lenses. Who else wants one? Partial trades of gelato machines accepted.

John
    We make ours using this method - http://www.cookingforengineers.com/r.../Basic-Granita

I'd be happy to trade you my granita maker (aka a 9x13 baking pan and a fork) for one of your cameras though!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Lee, looking forward to showing you some of my prints using HP5+. Thanks again for your help! Shawn
    Glad to return some favors Shawn. I don't get enough darkroom time, so I spend some of my time figuring out how to make it more efficient, like analyzing film development curves. I always enjoy looking at your work.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sept. 6,2009, Ohio-Cleveland Camera Collectors Show - Cleveland Richfield Quality Inn, 4742 Brecksville Rd. Richfield, OH. Just 1/4 mile south of the Rt 77, Rt 21, OH Turnpike Interchange- Open 10 AM- 4 PM.
    Wasn't that nice of them to schedule this during our event? Igor's Camera Exchange is probably the best known vendor at this event. It is a small show, but Lee, Lee's son David, Peter and I go quite often.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sept. 6,2009, Ohio-Cleveland Camera Collectors Show - Cleveland Richfield Quality Inn, 4742 Brecksville Rd. Richfield, OH. Just 1/4 mile south of the Rt 77, Rt 21, OH Turnpike Interchange- Open 10 AM- 4 PM.
    Wasn't that nice of them to schedule this during our event? Igor's Camera Exchange is probably the best known vendor at this event. It is a small show, but Lee, Lee's son David, Peter and I go quite often.

John
    I drove over to this event last minute this spring, when KEH was there. I picked up the Toyo 45AII (in great user condition!) I was using at Blue Hen last go round for $745 from a vendor. This is about half what they are going for used on FeePay. There were definitely some deals to be had.... Maybe it was bigger than normal with KEH there, I'm sure John could tell us, but if you knew what you were looking for there were some great deals on FILM equipment to be had....

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    There is quite a variety there, but the show has gotten smaller over the last few years. I bought a Jobo CPP-2 on eBay. The dealer was in Indiana. When he found out where I lived, he said he was coming to the show and would deliver. I later bought several stainless trays from him. I have found a collapsible luggage cart, books, and met lots of interesting people. They are a riot. One dealer sells nothing but filters, tables of different types and sizes. One old man, old even to me, told me he had been selling there for 23 years. I have since noticed that none of the inventory changes. He just goes there to talk to his friends. There is a good breakfast restaurant across the street, not pretty, but good.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I examined my first negatives with the 'new to me' Fuji 300 and the edge-to-edge evenness is excellent. That was what I was looking for (expecially after examining John's books by Michael and Paula.

In the center not as sharp as the Symmar-S 210 I am comparing to, but that Symmar-S is a 5x7 lens, so it looses some resolution at the corners of an 8x10 frame.

That fits with the resolution tests on the internet. It seems the other big 300mm plasmat lenses in the Copal 3 shutters are in the 45 LPM range (at working apertures) right with the Fuji. The advantage, of course, to these big lenses is the large image circle, allowing full movements.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I.... The advantage, of course, to these big lenses is the large image circle, allowing full movements.
    ....and putting the fuzzy corners (technical talk) out beyond the 313mm 8x10 image that we create. Now we just have to get out and create. Happy shooting with your (old to me) new lens.

That said I was down in Peninsula yesterday morning where they had been kind enough to put the steeple back on the church and take down the scaffolding. They must have known my class at U Akron was just about to start.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nelson Ledges park map:
    http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/2...edyparkmap.pdf

google map with the oval Nelson Ledges parking lot centered:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...06496&t=h&z=18

Buried in that URL is the lat/long for the parking lot entrance: 41.328482, -81.038895

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Lee. Those should be very helpful. The only thing they don’t convey is how steep and rugged the place is. When Peter and I first went there I could not enter from the parking lot with the baby jogger. Once Peter helped me get it over the first steep part I could move about slowly. Perhaps there is a topographical map somewhere that would clarify this. Please dress accordingly, especially walking shoes or boots for climbing in rocks.

Secondly, it may have been an oddity, but this is the only place I have been stung. Dolly and I didn’t see what did it. I had an allergic reaction. If you have this problem I suggest and now carry antihistamine and cortezone cream. The nearest pharmacy was half an hour’s drive.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Perhaps there is a topographical map somewhere that would clarify this.

John
    Not too helpful on the scale of footsteps, but this topo section shows 10 foot contour intervals, and it doesn't help that our friendly forum software squashed it and put in into the inappropriate .jpg format rather than the uploaded .gif.

Lee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NelsonKennedyLedges.jpg  

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin