Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,897   Posts: 1,584,338   Online: 793

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I keep this around in case the camera police come by:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lee, if you are reading, how is this for a crazy idea: I know you use a 4x5 Horseman Monorail in the field. I have a line on a very reasonably priced Horseman 8x10 LX/C Monorail studio camera (with the digital DOF calculator). I presume its like your camera with the addition of the 8x10 back and front-standard extender post.
    It weighs in at 20lb, so I'd be with the 'baby-jogger' crowd lugging it into the field

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dale,

Not sure of exactly how similar the front standard is. The 4x5 front standard doesn't have enough rise to center the lens properly or have enough movement on the 8x10 with everything squared away. I'm not sure if the necessary riser for the front standard is swappable, but the cameras are pretty modular, so that wouldn't surprise me. I haven't ever used the Horseman 8x10 or the LX, only the LE. I use the monorail for shorter walks, longer lenses, and graflok backs, and a wooden field for longer, rougher walks and normal to short lenses. I've done literally tens of thousands of studio shots with the LE, so using it is second nature.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    V12, six webers, Ferrari Baby Jogger. I am in LUST!!
    JP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John, did you get Dolly's check engine light fixed? Mine says I need a new computer. It only misbehaves when it's hot out, and then it's incorrigeable (sp?). Hopefully it will be fixed sooner than later. I'm getting a little tired of being tied down for lack of a reliable vehicle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    I decided that it would be nice to put together a web page of resources for those of us who are returning often and that would also be useful to people joining us for the first time. I made up a google map for one of our earlier gatherings, and decided that it would continue to be useful and should be available from within each thread about an upcoming gathering.

Lee

Oh, you want the URL? OK.
    sites.google.com/site/neohapug
    this is very kool Lee! What else can a google web page do? can you add pictures like a gallery?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    this is very kool Lee! What else can a google web page do? can you add pictures like a gallery?
    Google pages can do lots of things. Yes, you can add photos and graphics. I don't know of any serious restrictions about what you can do, although they do want you to mark adult content and don't want illegal stuff posted. The agreement gives them the right to use your posted materials to promote google services without reimbursement, although the copyright remains with the original owner/poster. There is a limit on the size of free pages. You can sign up for free yourself and try it out.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    John, did you get Dolly's check engine light fixed? Mine says I need a new computer. It only misbehaves when it's hot out, and then it's incorrigeable (sp?). Hopefully it will be fixed sooner than later. I'm getting a little tired of being tied down for lack of a reliable vehicle.

Yes, the code on her Toyota Camry said she needed a new Jaguar so I have put it on her Christmas list.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Yes, the code on her Toyota Camry said she needed a new Jaguar so I have put it on her Christmas list.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John,

Our youngest son will be home on leave from the 101st over Labor Day weekend. See you in October.

Bob Steckmeyer, Ann & Gideon

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin