Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,164   Online: 1144

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

NE Ohio gathering September 4-6, 2009

We are going to have another NE Ohio Apug gathering September 4,5 & 6th, partially at the Powers’ house in Bath and partially at Nelson-Kennedy Ledges. Peter Spangenberg has taken me there to shoot a couple of times and Dolly and I have explored there. It is a really exciting place with cliffs and tree roots growing thirty feet down the walls, a bit like Ankor Wat without the temples, heat or airfare.
    The last link has many pictures.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/nel...5/Default.aspx
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_...ges_State_Park
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...title&resnum=1

We can meet there when ever you can get there, spend Saturday there, come back to our area for dinner and show and tell. If we have enjoyed Saturday we can go back Sunday. If not the Cuyahoga Valley National Park is just two miles away from the house. Anyone wishing to camp here is welcome. If we have enough for the porta potty ($110), the vendor is happy to drop one off. The Hampton Inn, Richfield, OH 44286 is the popular alternative.

We hope to have another gathering late in October to catch the Fall Color. Dates for that will be published in another thread when the Ohio Department of Natural Resources decides when they will schedule the color event.

Boiler plate from previous events to follow.

John, Dolly and the girls

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    We had 22 APUG members here at various times July 25-26. They and other Apug members in the region are welcome to join us for another gathering.

The event will be in Bath, Ohio, five miles south of the Ohio Turnpike and Route 77, meeting at a private home, two miles from the edge of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. If some visitors want to camp by the garden, you are most welcome. Others can stay at local motels. Come as early as Friday night. We will probably skip the coffee & rolls each morning and go directly to Nelson Ledges. While you are here the Lady Labradors will entertain with their splashing stick routines. When we learn how many are coming we can order a porta potty if there are enough to pay for it ($110).

We will meet back at the house about 5:00 PM for conversation, Show and Tell of prints, equipment and workshop techniques in the afternoon. We will probably have dinner out early Saturday night to allow for sunset shooting. We are trying to have a loose organizational shell under which all Apug cats may be comfortably herded. The plan will evolve until the majority are happy and the protesters fall asleep.

All APUGers are welcome. Who is interested in coming? What information is needed?

If you have not been here before please PM me with name, address, phone, email and emergency contact if you do something you shouldn’t have.

Hosts, John & Dolly Powers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's Labor Day weekend, right?

Looks like Eva & I won't be able to make it to this one. Eat lots of ice cream for us!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My schedule looks open that weekend.

I have already processed negatives taken with my new toy. Its a fantastic Multicoated 5.6/300mm Fujinon in a Copal #3 (thanks to John). I'll have to post some pictures of that lens mounted on the 8x10 Century. That lens doubles the weight of the camera (well almost ).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep, Labor Day weekend. Works for me.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I mentioned to John I have one variable looming but even so I should be able to make it for at least one of the days.

Lee, looking forward to showing you some of my prints using HP5+. Thanks again for your help! Shawn

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    My schedule looks open that weekend.

I have already processed negatives taken with my new toy. Its a fantastic Multicoated 5.6/300mm Fujinon in a Copal #3 (thanks to John). I'll have to post some pictures of that lens mounted on the 8x10 Century. That lens doubles the weight of the camera (well almost ).
    Dale,

It is heavy because it is a W. One assumes W for wide. The tag on it said 420mm image circle. I think 8x10 is 313mm so that ought to give you a little walking around room or shifting and tilting room. I hope you enjoy it.

Big as it is, it is dwarfed by the 300mm Schneider APO Symmar. That is heavy.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Well now that we finally have the event posted and people are starting to respond we can get back to the food channel. Last week we picked about a pint of blackberries. Since then we have had two days of rain and two days when the temperature just touched 90 degrees. Tonight Dolly, the girls and I went back down to the tenting area and picked. We brought a quart of berries back into the house. You know at least that many were eaten on the way. Dolly had made blackberry yogurt ice cream with some of the berries from last week. Today she made a meringue. Tonight they were all blended together.

Yep, too bad Jeff isn’t coming.

JP

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Well now that we finally have the event posted and people are starting to respond we can get back to the food channel. Last week we picked about a pint of blackberries. Since then we have had two days of rain and two days when the temperature just touched 90 degrees. Tonight Dolly, the girls and I went back down to the tenting area and picked. We brought a quart of berries back into the house. You know at least that many were eaten on the way. Dolly had made blackberry yogurt ice cream with some of the berries from last week. Today she made a meringue. Tonight they were all blended together.

Yep, too bad Jeff isn’t coming.

JP
    Sounds yummy. We just finished making a plum ice cream and a muskmelon granita. Not as good as homegrown blackberry ice cream though ...

I think your going to have to mail some of it up here to Michigan!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Sounds yummy. We just finished making a plum ice cream and a muskmelon granita. ....!
    Didn't know what granita was. "A granita is a traditional Italian dessert and can vary widely in texture based on its freezing method. Those produced in a gelato machine ..." Didn't know there was a gelato machine.

I sense a gas attack. Okay Shawn and Dale have bought two of my unused lenses. Who else wants one? Partial trades of gelato machines accepted.

John

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin