Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,117   Online: 922

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let me be the first to thank John for hosting the group again. Peter's demonstration of Platinum printing was great.
    I'd like to volunteer to do the next demonstration on lith printing. Again, the technique I use requires only 'standard' chemicals.

Thanks everyone for staying to see my batch of prints; it was cathartic and now I can proceed with new work

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I would like to thank Peter Spangenberg for the great platinum printing demo he did this gathering. It was beautifully planned and executed. Everything was understandable. He got fantastic results. Five people want to start printing platinum today.

Peter and I were talking about his doing this prior to the event. He said that each event had something new and different about it, enjoyable, entertaining and educational to all of us. That was why he kept coming back, so he wanted to take a turn at it. For me that sums up, in addition to the camaraderie, what is so good about us getting together. Each one of us brings something to the party. I am looking forward to the next one. Thank you Dale for volunteering for the next one.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kudos again to Peter for the Pt/Pd demo. It's always much more instructive to see it first hand than to read about it. And thanks as always to John and Dolly for being such accommodating hosts and letting us all crash your weekends with our weird and varied passions.

I enjoyed all the good company as always, and it was nice to meet new participant Bill.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you John & Dolly for your wonderful hospitality - as always you're the best! And thank you Peter for sharing your platinum demo with us. Wonderful stuff!

I managed to get 8 images (all sheet film) which is a major accomplishment for me. Thanks John for taking us to those precious spots. And thanks Lee for going shooting today with me. It was a great time as always and am looking forward to the next one! It was good seeing everyone. Next time it will only take an hour to get there!

Dorothy....

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    As always we had a great time. We are glad it was contagious. There is a slight coincidence that concerns me. Dorothy was the only one tenting. She had a terrible sounding cough. The temperature this morning dropped into the thirties. Cindy, one of our Labradors, has developed a cough that sounds just like Dorothy’s. Is there any chance….?

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    As always we had a great time. We are glad it was contagious. There is a slight coincidence that concerns me. Dorothy was the only one tenting. She had a terrible sounding cough. The temperature this morning dropped into the thirties. Cindy, one of our Labradors, has developed a cough that sounds just like Dorothy’s. Is there any chance….?

John
    It couldn't be Chipmunk fur could it? I was really hungry! Or was that Savannah?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It was fun as always. Thanks for putting up with all of us!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    It couldn't be Chipmunk fur could it? I was really hungry! Or was that Savannah?
    No that was Cindy. Good call. Perhaps Chipmunk toenails. There wasn't much fur left on her tribute.

I still have my hopes up that she will scare up another turkey AND bring it back. We saw a family of fifteen (I think) about 200 yards from the entrance to Oak Hill park a couple of weeks ago. I say 15 (I think) because they were moving around so fast within their circle that they were hard to count while passing at 40 mph.

Glad you all could come. We certainly enjoyed it. Thanks Lee for the guided menu tour of the Indian Restaurant. Thanks Jeff & Eva for the home made jelly.

John, Dolly and the girls

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John, I found the name of the publisher for Ed Bernik's book on the Allegheny National Forest. Hope this helps.

http://www.theforestpress.com/people.html

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Dorothy.
    I'll look into them.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin