Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,848   Posts: 1,582,811   Online: 861

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    As of today I'm planning on making the Photorama show on Sun, Dec. 6th in Richfield. I expect to be there in time for the 10 am opening time, and would be happy to hang out with other folks for lunch, perhaps a gallery show, or whatever.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    Going to have to pick up that Aperture issue! I'm definitely planning on catching the exhibit as well.

So, the story of how we know Andrew ... Eva & I run a photo group called the Click Collective, as most of you know. It's a small group of about 20 members who get together to share work, critique, go on group shoots, hold gallery shows, etc. Two of the members are our German friends Dan & Silke Seybold, also occasionally seen here on APUG.

Through Dan & Silke, we are friends with Yves Marchand & Romain Meffre, two french photographers shooting 4x5 color work of abandoned buildings, for galleries in Paris. Their website We've toured them around Detroit a few times on day shoots ourselves.

Yves & Romain are friends with Andrew Moore through the shooting of abandoned buildings - Andrew contacted them after seeing their work published. Yves & Romain put Andrew in touch with Dan & Silke, who became fast friends.

Now, whenever any of them come to Detroit, Dan, Silke, Eva or I tour them around the ruins of Detroit. The last few times Andrew came, he stayed with Dan & Silke for the week. When he was in town over the summer, he was kind enough to critique the Dreams show The Click Collective was in the process of putting up at the BBAC.

Andrew's a nice guy and a talented photographer. He knows his way around a darkroom, and still shoots film - 4x5 & 8x10 color mostly.

Is that all clear as mud?

To summarize - acquaintance through mutual friends. I guess I should have said that to begin with.

Great story. Thank you. I had not realized the extent of your group. Sounds very interesting. Hope you will bring some of them down here.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    As of today I'm planning on making the Photorama show on Sun, Dec. 6th in Richfield. I expect to be there in time for the 10 am opening time, and would be happy to hang out with other folks for lunch, perhaps a gallery show, or whatever.

Lee
    Looking forward to seeing you there. Peter called and said he would also be there. I may have a surprise addition. Final confirmation not in yet.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    See you all there Sat AM.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Darn it, I'm tied up this weekend and won't be able to make it over. Hope you have a great time and find some killer deals! Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    See you all there Sat AM.
    Make that Sunday.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Great weekend in NE OH APUG. Bethe stayed with Dolly and me Saturday showing pictures and a little bump that she promises will be a baby boy in early February. We went to the Richfield photo swap meet and celebrated birthday boy Lee Lumpkin’s event a day late. Dale Marsh was there haggling with the vendors. Bethe was in lust with a wide lens, but didn’t take it home. I found some books I liked and will be reading over Christmas. Peter said he would join us, but we missed him. The four of us had lunch down the road, told tall stories, encountered an eavesdropping waitress who thought film must be a lot more fun than digital based on how we were enjoying it. Wish more of you had come, but those that did had fun.

John Powers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Great weekend in NE OH APUG. Bethe stayed with Dolly and me Saturday showing pictures and a little bump that she promises will be a baby boy in early February. We went to the Richfield photo swap meet and celebrated birthday boy Lee Lumpkinís event a day late. Dale Marsh was there haggling with the vendors. Bethe was in lust with a wide lens, but didnít take it home. I found some books I liked and will be reading over Christmas. Peter said he would join us, but we missed him. The four of us had lunch down the road, told tall stories, encountered an eavesdropping waitress who thought film must be a lot more fun than digital based on how we were enjoying it. Wish more of you had come, but those that did had fun.

John Powers
    Wish we had come as well! Sounds like a blast - sorry to have missed it.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I MISS YOU GUYS!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Miss you too. We need a gathering worthy event to get the gang together.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin