Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,456   Online: 1151

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll be trying it out for the first time today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a beauty, Dale!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Wow, that camera looks like it was built for that lens. Good luck with it Dale. May it bring you lots of happy times and the good pictures to go with them.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    The box arrived!
    Here is the new Shen Hao 8x10:
    congratulations! what will you do with the other one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Wow!

That's beautiful!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For the old Century camera, I'm going to mount my brass Anthony lens on that camera. When I use the Arista.edu 100 film I shoot around EI 12, so I'll be OK without a shutter.

I may consider selling it also.

Since I have to take the lens off the Shen Hao, I need to come up with a new carrying arangement. That lens is pretty bulky, I need a third bag just for the lens.

So now I'm looking for a backback that will hold the 8x10 camera, one lens and 2 film holders. I have heard of folks making a cardboard box the size of the folded camera and going to a department store to see if there is any appropriate luggage or book bag that would work.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 09-18-2009 at 08:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Shen Hao is fantastic. The controls are smooth and it folds up very quickly. It is quite sturdy. I'm glad I did not go with a super lightweight camera. That Fuji lens is turning out to be quite fantastic and much to my liking. Moving to a lightweight 'field' lens is going to be a step backward. Thats a f 5.6 lens; I forgot my darkcloth the other day and realized I was fine without it!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have heard of folks making a cardboard box the size of the folded camera and going to a department store to see if there is any appropriate luggage or book bag that would work.

I have been asked what I was doing at both Target and Wal-Mart when caught slipping 8x10 film holders into cooler bags or cheap over night bags. Even when I explain they don't understand. The Wal-Mart people were happier because I at least bought the bag.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    I have been asked what I was doing at both Target and Wal-Mart when caught slipping 8x10 film holders into cooler bags or cheap over night bags. Even when I explain they don't understand. The Wal-Mart people were happier because I at least bought the bag.

John

We actually have two brand new-in box jogger/strollers, gifts for our first child. We never even opened them. So, I'm keeping that option available...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So now I'm looking for a backback that will hold the 8x10 camera, one lens and 2 film holders. I have heard of folks making a cardboard box the size of the folded camera and going to a department store to see if there is any appropriate luggage or book bag that would work.
    you might try one of these. then you could put the whole thing inside a backpack.
    http://www.photobackpacking.com/mm5/...ory_Code=RPT01

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin