Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,615   Online: 668

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I'm going to have to put some black felt in there before I take any pictures.
    If you need some, I have a 12x12" sheet of "the real-stuff" flocking material that I will probably not use up. email me the size of the bit you need, if you need a bit, that is.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many telescope builders prefer Protostar. It has a very sticky self adhesive backing and is about as non-reflective (even at high angles of incidence) as it gets.

http://www.fpi-protostar.com/flock.htm

Since you already have a very nice offer from Nicholas, I'm posting this mostly as information for other interested folks.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    That looks like the stuff.

Probably it's original use was for black velvet paintings of Elvis.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If you have the time, Dolly and I would love to see you at the opening of Photo 2009, Friday, October 2, 2009, between 5-7 PM. This is a group invitational photography show at Summit Artspace, 140 E. Market St. Akron, OH 44308, Tel: 330-376-8480 www.summitartspace.org. If you can’t make the opening, the show will be running Oct. 2 – Nov. 7. I will have four 7x17 images from my OH & Erie Canal series.

If you want to see more of the series, my solo show of thirty images has been on view for the last twelve months at Cleveland’s history museum, The Western Reserve Historical Society: 10825 East Boulevard Cleveland, OH 44106, Tel: 216 721-5722 . That or bring a lunch to our house and I’ll show you the other ninety images.

John & Dolly Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    If you have the time, Dolly and I would love to see you at the opening of Photo 2009, Friday, October 2, 2009, between 5-7 PM. This is a group invitational photography show at Summit Artspace, 140 E. Market St. Akron, OH 44308, Tel: 330-376-8480 www.summitartspace.org. If you can’t make the opening, the show will be running Oct. 2 – Nov. 7. I will have four 7x17 images from my OH & Erie Canal series.

If you want to see more of the series, my solo show of thirty images has been on view for the last twelve months at Cleveland’s history museum, The Western Reserve Historical Society: 10825 East Boulevard Cleveland, OH 44106, Tel: 216 721-5722 . That or bring a lunch to our house and I’ll show you the other ninety images.

John & Dolly Powers
    Congratulations, John!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

That's Great, John!

Keeping the Medium alive and well in NE OH! Congrats!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The trees in northeast OH have already changed enough for me to do some fall colors shooting, but at the beginning stages. At 10 days out for the next scheduled weekend, I'd say we're probably in pretty good shape for colors.

Of course we do get years where a cold snap and a nasty, windy front combine to rip all the leaves off in short order within a few days of turning. But the timing for colors on the 10-11th looks promising.

Congrats on the show John. Be sure and give your photo instructors for this fall an invitation to the opening.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you all.

quote Lee, "Congrats on the show John. Be sure and give your photo instructors for this fall an invitation to the opening."

My photo instructor is in the show as is my Photo II instructor who is now Registrar for the Akron Art Museum. There are also at least four other recent graduates from the Akron program. One of those is curator of the show and photographer for the museum. Now if I could just find a paying gig.

As to the leaves, we had winds that were predicted to hit 50 mph the other night. There are quite a few trees around the house that are a lot thinner in leaf content than last week. The girls and I have been hiking between the rain storms. The leaf content is thinning there and we can look a head for the rangers looking for off leash dogs.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Thank you all.

quote Lee, "Congrats on the show John. Be sure and give your photo instructors for this fall an invitation to the opening."

My photo instructor is in the show as is my Photo II instructor who is now Registrar for the Akron Art Museum. There are also at least four other recent graduates from the Akron program. One of those is curator of the show and photographer for the museum. Now if I could just find a paying gig.

As to the leaves, we had winds that were predicted to hit 50 mph the other night. There are quite a few trees around the house that are a lot thinner in leaf content than last week. The girls and I have been hiking between the rain storms. The leaf content is thinning there and we can look a head for the rangers looking for off leash dogs.

John
    Congrats again on the show John.

leaves, wind, rain......... anybody else camping that weekend?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Dorothy. Remember there is firewood for the campers.

As you know I am color blind and the fall color is lost on me. If it is important to you all, great, lets do it. If not, just an idea to talk about. Is there any interest in the bridges in the flats of Cleveland? This is where the 800-1000 foot freighters come in to the curves in the river, where the river caught on fire, where the Plain Dealer says you can't take a picture with less than three bridges in it. My own experience is that five bridges in a picture is not uncommon. Robert Pucket (8x20, 12x20, platinum nudes) constructed many of these bridges as a foreman iron construction worker. He says it is the world's greatest collection of different types of lift bridges from multiple decades.

If it is cold in the park, it will be colder in the flats. If there is interest lets talk about it. If not now, maybe next summer when it is warmer.

Your thoughts?

John

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin