Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,867   Online: 1004

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very sorry to hear about your hiking pal John. I believe he was the man we met at Cleveland Clinic with a wonderful chocolate lab. They would do the rounds together, and I saw how much happiness they brought with them to patients and staff, drawing people out of themselves. Everyone who saw them smiled, and lines formed to say hello and pet the lab and chat with your friend. I know for certain that he'll be missed by many.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Very sorry to hear about your hiking pal John. I believe he was the man we met at Cleveland Clinic with a wonderful chocolate lab. They would do the rounds together, and I saw how much happiness they brought with them to patients and staff, drawing people out of themselves. Everyone who saw them smiled, and lines formed to say hello and pet the lab and chat with your friend. I know for certain that he'll be missed by many.

Lee
    Yes, I had forgotten that you had met. Dr. Alan Gray and Keeper. We had had a good laugh in the parking lot about something stupid befoe we started hiking. I gave him a big bear hug before we started, probably his last hug. Sorry Mrs. Gray.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    We lost him, a good friend. I’m pretty broken up about it, so be careful this weekend, PLEASE.

John
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John, sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Sounds like he was well loved and appreciated.

All the best,
    Daniel

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you all. Sorry, I got a little emotional. Ironically most of us in the Hiking Hounds group are hiking to exercise the dogs, enjoy the camaraderie, and improve our own health. In our fantasy it is not supposed to backfire. Alan was a very nice guy and as Lee has said donated a lot of his and his dog's time to helping troubled people at Cleveland Clinic.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We lost him, a good friend. I’m pretty broken up about it, so be careful this weekend, PLEASE.
    Very sorry to hear this, John.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's rough, John. Very sorry to hear that, but glad you at least shared a nice moment with your friend.

Shawn

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks again. I just did a couple hours of self imposed therapy in the darkroom twirling the Jobo. Dolly called to check on me. The sun is out. The leaves are falling. I will go to the funeral tomorrow and things will move on. I'm looking forward to seeing those of you who can make it this weekend. Thank you for your kind words.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    You are going to have to help me a little on this. Remember I am color blind. Where would you like to shoot to catch the fall color? Will the altitude of the ledges be any better than the trees around the river? You guys decide. I really can’t contribute.

The OH DNR has set up a website just for Fall color, showing each state park and the status. Great idea, but terrible implementation. As of yesterday it was showing Sept. 26.
    Today there is a Sept. 30 news release saying, “Leaf peepers can expect to find peak fall color during the second and third weeks of October throughout Ohio.” Sure glad we got the specifics. http://ohiodnr.com/news/home_page/Ne...5/Default.aspx

Lee and Dorothy, will you arrive Friday early enough for dinner? Should I wait and join you?
    Saturday, let’s meet at 9 AM and again at 5 PM for show and tell. Dale, please bring your new beauty for us to see. I have some new prints to show. Please bring any new prints that you all have.

Yesterday after a huge funeral I went to the Cleveland Museum. There are two rooms the size of our family room filled with very early, 1841 and up, photographs of France, portraits, buildings and landscape. Very dry stuff, but very interesting if you are into the early history of photography. I think they said there were 50 prints mostly from the Cleveland collection. I was surprised that only one Daguerreotype was on display, a beautiful large portrait, but only one. I know they have more, having seen them in another exhibit.

Talk to me.

JP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John,

Was thinking about this last night. I had the best luck at Sylvan Pond last year, so would like to check that and the nearby ponds. That being said, color is where you find it at a given time in a given year, so a bit of exploratory driving might be in order. Wish I could come scout earlier on Friday, but can't manage that this time.

For others the map of this area off Oak Hill Road is at: http://www.nps.gov/cuva/planyourvisi...ll_WEB2009.pdf

The home page for this map is also linked to off the resources page for our gatherings in the area. See:
    http://sites.google.com/site/neohapu.../web-resources

I can meet at your place 5pm or later Friday to get out for dinner. See what Dorothy and possibly others have to say for arrival time.

Almost all of Ohio is now classified as 'changing', with a few spots of 'near peak' in the NE and NW.

Definitions:
    Changing – Still mostly green, less than 25 percent color.
    Near Peak – Significant color showing – anywhere from 30 to 60 percent color.

Lee

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin