Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,545   Posts: 1,572,865   Online: 972

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    John,

Sylvan Pond Lee
    If others are trying to locate it, it is only four miles east from the house. The girls know and love Sylvan Pond. I think it is most beautiful late in a sunny day. There are four ponds in a loop at Oak Hill and I try to take them in "muddiest order first" so that the girls are cleanest when leaving Sylvan Pond and likely to shake off some of the water in the half mile hike back to the car.

Over all I don't think the plan is working well. I mentioned that I was going to take the SUV to the car wash the other day and Dolly suggested I leave the windows, sunroof and the back door open. The interior is tan. How does she know?

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Over all I don't think the plan is working well. I mentioned that I was going to take the SUV to the car wash the other day and Dolly suggested I leave the windows, sunroof and the back door open. The interior is tan. How does she know?
    LOL! The only problem is that when the windows are open, the drool doesn't get washed off of them. And the first trip after the wash it'll go right back to the way it was. Just like the first thing Sparky does after the groomer is roll in something stinky.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    LOL! Sparky does after the groomer is roll in something stinky.
    Our neighbors 3-4 to the east have a pond similar to ours. They have encouraged the geese as we have not. They now have 50-60 at any time and about ten in the air. Talk about having something stinky to roll in.

Groomer? Whats that?

We will miss you Bethe. I know you gotta go.

Just a reminder. I mentioned earlier that the DNR said poison ivy and relatives were one of the first things to change color. I just mowed the lawn. Everywhere we know we have poison something, is now (to my color blind eyes) very much darker. I'm not talking little waxy pointy leaves in threes, I am talking hand size leaves and 1-3 inch vines. We really want to be sure you know that three leaves of any size, any texture, are NOT your friend.

Now, in the interest of your weekend well being, the girls and I are going to hike Oak Hill and get really wet and dirty. Dolly goes out with her mother on Wednesday. It will be dark before she sees us.

John and the girls

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Now, in the interest of your weekend well being, the girls and I are going to hike Oak Hill and get really wet and dirty.

John and the girls
    John,

Too late I know, but you could take along a yellow and a red filter and tell us what percentage of trees get lighter gray through them.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot in black & white anyway, so it doesn't matter much to me. I'm just along for the ride. I don't know yet about time. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it. I'll surely miss seeing everyone and look forward to meeting again soon.
    Wishing you good light. Shawn

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it. I'll surely miss seeing everyone and look forward to meeting again soon.
    Wishing you good light. Shawn

So Sorry Shawn especially if that means your Dad is having trouble. Our best wishes for him.

John & Dolly

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Lee,

Great idea about Sylvan Pond. We got there about 5 PM and then passed it again about 6 PM. The light was just perfect at 5 PM, getting too low about 6 PM. The trees sure looked like they were changing to me, but you know me....

The park system had a box of printed Oak Hill maps. I grabbed a bunch. Remind me that I have them for you.

Dolly, I don't know how the dogs got so wet and dirty.

It is a half mile walk on a mostly gravel path to Sylvan Lake from the parking lot which is 4 miles from our house. I think the light will be just great if it is a sunny day from 3-5 PM with shadows obviously increasing. Let’s meet at our house at 2:30 PM Saturday and drive to the park. I'll take the girls. We will do our thing, hike out and go to dinner in Peninsula about 3 miles from there.

It was 55 degrees but felt much colder so bring a jacket and shoes for hiking. Plan on safe stowage of your gear because we will be going right to the restaurant. If you want, you may leave bags in my car with the girls barking at every sparrow that goes by.

Looking forward to your company.

John & Dolly

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    If you want, you may leave bags in my car with the girls barking at every sparrow that goes by.
    Yep, I've had real trouble with sparrows in the past. Can't even leave the wing windows cracked a quarter inch. They get in and 'poof' there goes your banquet camera and the heavy Ries.

Thanks for checking the area John. I should probably admit now that Sylvan wasn't my idea. Cindy and Savannah have opened an APUG account and put me up to it with a PM.

Sorry you can't make it Shawn. Another time.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Really looks like....

I should try to make a few extra $. I'll think of you folks getting all artistic with splendid scenery, while I'm grinding out shooting my 56th batter of the day at a softball tournament. Same pose, nearly the same exposure, wait for the swing and..."click". Sheesh

John, my sympathy for your loss and stressful situation.

Shawn, best wishes for your Dad and you; we'll meet another time.

Jo

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin