Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,126   Online: 1054

Page 1 of 19 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

NE Ohio Apug Gathering, Fall Color, October 9-11, 2009

We are going to have another NE Ohio Apug Gathering October 9th, 10th and 11th, at the Powers’ house to celebrate and enjoy Fall Color. The Ohio Department of Natural Resources said this afternoon that if the nights are not too clear and cold, if the creeks don’t rise too much, they can sort of, maybe assure us, that perhaps there will be Fall Color in Northern Ohio in the early part of October. That is a firm government maybe.

Available options we have enjoyed before will be the Cuyahoga Valley National Park,
    http://www.nps.gov/CUVA/index.htm
    Virgina Kendall Ledges
    http://www.nps.gov/cuva/planyourvisit/maps.htm

Nelson-Kennedy Ledges. The last link has many pictures.
    http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/nel...5/Default.aspx
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_...ges_State_Park
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...title&resnum=1

What has become boiler plate for each event.

We have had as many as 25 APUG members here at five bi monthly weekend events over the past year. Those 25 and any Apug members new to us are welcome to join for another gathering.

The event will be in Bath, Ohio, between Cleveland and Akron, five miles south of the Ohio Turnpike and Route 77, meeting at a private home, two miles from the edge of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. If some visitors want to camp by the garden, they are most welcome. Others can stay at local motels. The Hampton Inn, Richfield, OH (1 800 Hampton) is the most popular. Come as early as Friday, 5:00 PM. We usually have coffee & rolls each morning at 10:00 AM to allow for early shooters and late sleepers. We gather again about 5:00 PM to show prints, tell lies and go out to dinner. Sunset shooting is available, but previously showing prints and telling stories prevailed. While you are here the Lady Labradors will entertain with their splashing stick routines. This Fall they have switched to apples and must be frisked for contraband at the door. One regular Apuger will try to convince you that Bacon ice cream is a bit of heaven. When we learn how many are coming we can order a porta potty if there are enough to pay for it by contribution ($110).

We are trying to have a loose organizational shell under which all Apug cats may be comfortably herded. The plan will evolve until the majority are happy and the protesters fall asleep.

All APUGers are welcome. Who is interested in coming? What information is needed?

If you have not been here before please PM me with name, address, phone, email and emergency contact if you do something you shouldn’t have. I will return with directions.

Welcome to the Powers’ house.
    Hosts, John & Dolly Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's on my calendar. I'll do my best to make it.

Was hoping to have some prints done and attend last weekend since everyone else here at the ranch should have been concentrating on being back in school. Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Forgive me for doing a little patch work from the previous thread.

"We should be able to come that weekend, though we would have to leave early on Sunday to attend a wedding back home."
    Jeff & Eva Bannow

"I will be able to make it to at least part of the weekend for sure, possibly the whole time... I think a trip to Nelson is in order!"
    Shawn Dougherty

"Unfortunately, that weekend is out for me. One of my cousins is getting married in D.C. on Saturday. If Dolly thinks the leaves are changing early, I could go out the weekend before that."

"I put it on my calendar so tentatively yes, I'll be there."
    djkloss Dorothy

"I'm going to be getting a big box in the mail. I'll be anxious to show it off..."
    ic-racer Dale

Thank you all.
    Bethe, we will miss you. Come again next time.
    Looking forward to seeing the rest of you and the contents of Dale's box (???).
    Shawn, certainly we can go to either or both ledges. Just gather interest and those who want to go.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was a big day for LF camera purchases today. A colleague from work had been thinking about getting into 4x5, so I offered to help find a starter camera. We found a $50 B&J on CL but it turned out to be in the wrong state. Then we found a 4x5 Korona locally. When we went to check it out the guy also had a mint Graphic View. My friend couldn't decide so he bought both the Korona and Graphic View! We got a great deal. I think he is interested in our next gathering. By then I'll help him find a lens and get him started taking pictures.

I'll tell you that Graphic View is a great camera. Very light weight for a monorail. This particular example looked like it just came from the factory. We even got the matching compendium shade (with red bellows) and the fold out viewing hood in the back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    looking forward to coming home for the weekend Probably won't have anything printed by then, we'll see.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    looking forward to coming home for the weekend Probably won't have anything printed by then, we'll see.
    A spot in the camping area is reserved. How is the transportation?

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    It was a big day for LF camera purchases today. A colleague from work had been thinking about getting into 4x5, so I offered to help find a starter camera. We found a $50 B&J on CL but it turned out to be in the wrong state. Then we found a 4x5 Korona locally. When we went to check it out the guy also had a mint Graphic View. My friend couldn't decide so he bought both the Korona and Graphic View! We got a great deal. I think he is interested in our next gathering. By then I'll help him find a lens and get him started taking pictures.

I'll tell you that Graphic View is a great camera. Very light weight for a monorail. This particular example looked like it just came from the factory. We even got the matching compendium shade (with red bellows) and the fold out viewing hood in the back.
    Nice shopping. Bring him along. Remember I have a 4x5 lens or two to sell.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    A spot in the camping area is reserved. How is the transportation?

John
    Like new. I had to get a new computer put in. of course the hot weather hasn't been around to test it, but as far as I can see it's like it's brand new!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    Like new. I had to get a new computer put in. of course the hot weather hasn't been around to test it, but as far as I can see it's like it's brand new!
    Congratulations. We need your enthusiasm at the party.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The box arrived!
    Here is the new Shen Hao 8x10:

Page 1 of 19 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin