Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,424   Online: 947

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

APUG Gathering in Hawaii 2011??

Okay, there are no regional sites for Hawaii. However, as a lot of the activity on APUG is from the Great Lakes Region and that most of the folks involved with photostock, iceland trips, cornwall trips are likely to read this, then maybe this is the right place...

At any rate, after returning from my 3rd trip to hawaii, I am thinking it may have potential as a location for a photographic based trip for the APUGGERS... That said, I realize it is a long way to go and a long way off as yet, but I also wanted to state that although it is primarily a photographic trip, we should not limit it just to photographers, but also allow significant others to attend aswell. Our partners do a lot for us when we go off and shoot on other excursions, so why not ask them along to be a part of the fun for this trip?

I am thinking maybe a week, or 10 days at most to go to maybe 2 or 3 (tops) islands and try to make the best of it photographically, but also allow some down time to spend with spouses and maybe do a few side trips. The opportunity is there to see so many interesting photographic subjects that it is mind boggling!! It has to have the most target rich environment I have ever experienced.

At this point, I am thinking 2011 would be the year we plan for as Hawaii is not for the faint of wallet and many folks, myself included, would need significant time to plan and save for it.

So at this point, just mull it over, and let me know if you are interested, and how many slots you'd like on the trip... You and spouse, you only etc. I'd be happy to put together a proposed itinerary and work with any folks who are interested in going.

As I mentioned, it can be expensive, but planned right, costs can be minimized to a certain extent but will vary depending on accommodations required, food requirements, vehicle requirements, and any planned side trips.

So just let me know if you are interested or not.

A.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My wife is from Honolulu, so we go with some regularity--once or twice a year, usually in the summer and around the winter holidays. Sometimes we've spent several weeks in the summer. If it coincided approximately with one of our visits, I could try to meet up. I've got my own Hawai'ian projects that I try to work on while I'm there, but sometimes I've met up with Robert Teague, and we've gone shooting together.
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 09-27-2009 at 08:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Count me in, Andrew! I've always wanted to go.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sounds like fun...count me in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fun for Two, Very interested!
    (But do work on keeping the costs down...)

Ray

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin