Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,313   Online: 828

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG! I have some family and some friends from Ohio.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    Welcome to APUG! I have some family and some friends from Ohio.

Jeff
    Hay Jeff,
    Thanks for the message. I've been tied up with a nuber of things and have lost track of the thread. Hope you get back to Ohio soon. Its a good place to visit/live.

I'm in Dayton, where are you?
    Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome, Dale. Lived in Cincinnati doing grad work in the late 1960s early 1970s. One of the most photogrenic cities in America, I found. Go Bearcats!
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

CGross
    Hi Lee from Cincinnati and welcome!

The two main gatherings in the area have been at John's in NE Ohio and Photostock up in Northern Michigan hosted by Bill Schwab. My schedule has not been gracious enough to make it to John's yet. I hope that changes this year. Unfortunately Photostock 2010 has been canceled but there are a many who are still heading up there towards the end of June. Look for a post about Going Rouge!!

Also, it's likely that some folks in the area are going to try and coordinate a small get together in conjunction with an exhibit here in Cinci at the Taft Museum this summer.
    See this link: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum56/7...45-1945-a.html

I know there are other discussions about doing something this year in the KY, Southern Ohio, Indiana areas this year as well.

I spent an evening and day at Clifton Gorge, Glen Helen, and John Brian a couple years ago with a fellow APUG member and would love to get back there. Just gorgeous. Maybe we can coordinate something.

Take care and hope to meet you and burn some film this year.

Cody

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello! I just joined up here at APUG- I live near Dayton too, specifically down in Bellbrook. Have been shooting mostly 35mm but recently have been playing with medium format and even jumped into large format. Looking forward to learning as much as I can on these forums!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robburrito View Post
    Hello! I just joined up here at APUG- I live near Dayton too, specifically down in Bellbrook. Have been shooting mostly 35mm but recently have been playing with medium format and even jumped into large format. Looking forward to learning as much as I can on these forums!
    Check out this:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum174/...eb-2011-a.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm also in the Dayton area (in Englewood now). I joined up here a while back but have mostly been just reading rather than posting.

Anyone here familiar with the Tripod Camera Club in the south end of town? My wife and I are thinking of attending to see how we like it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never gone to either of the camera clubs in town (Focus & Tripod) I work evenings and can never make any of the meetings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KMiller View Post
    I'm also in the Dayton area (in Englewood now). I joined up here a while back but have mostly been just reading rather than posting.

Anyone here familiar with the Tripod Camera Club in the south end of town? My wife and I are thinking of attending to see how we like it.
    Hi,
    Good to hear from you. I live in Sugarcreek area. Very Close. PM me.

also if you can get away and can survive in the cold, do check out the Frozen Film Shoot the weekend before Valentines. I hoe we get a ton of snow and yet passable roads.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum174/...eb-2011-a.html

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robburrito View Post
    Never gone to either of the camera clubs in town (Focus & Tripod) I work evenings and can never make any of the meetings.
    Hi,
    Nice folks at Focus, did that for 2 years, enjoyed one trip to the Cincinnati Train Museum in , actually it is in Kentucky.... (Its one of those confusing Cincinnati Airport Things).

Certainly would like to step up the shooting in this area. PM me any time, and check into the Hocking Hills walk about at the Frozen Film Shoot in February.

Lee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin