Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,487   Online: 888

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It'll be good to see you Thomas!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Likewise, Bill! I was really sad to miss last year. One of these years I'll come to Iceland with you too.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm hoping/planning on heading up there as well, family matters allowing. I talked with Bill and am planning on doing the panoramic presentation again, updated a bit, along with other photos I've taken in the UP
    I hope to head up to pictured rocks over night around wed that week, and am happy to point out some of the better spots I've found. I'll be dragging a few cirkut cameras along as well. I was sorry to have missed last year as well

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jamie!

It is going to be great to see you again.

For anyone not familiar, Jamie puts on a really fine presentation and I am really excitednto see his work as well. A definite must see.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Almost forgot... I put this together last year. A map of interesting photo opportunities in the Photostock area. If anyone has any additions, please message me! Thanks,

-James

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...c7d8fe&t=h&z=9

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Very cool James. thanks.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm not going to be able to make it, not that I really thought it was going to happen anyway, because some other things came up...like us actually wanting new carpet upstairs.

Maybe next year, or maybe when the kids are older and it's easier to find someone to take them for half a week.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So I was watching Bill's facebook video about wet plating:
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=306574572741

It struck me that one of the things that wet plate portraiture takes advantage of is how the medium sort of dislocates the subject in time. Saying when a wet plate was taken is difficult. To compound this effect, Bill, Kerik, et al seem to enjoy adding props that further this effect. A sword, top hat, knight's helmet, all of these further cause the viewer to wonder when the image was created.

Soooo.... I was thinkin.... why not ask PStockers to bring a prop or two in this vein for the wet plate portraiture we all know will take place? I know bringing a prop won't guarantee your pic is taken, but it could definitely make for some interesting portrait sessions for everyone! Just an idea.

-James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmxphoto View Post
    So I was watching Bill's facebook video about wet plating:
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=306574572741

It struck me that one of the things that wet plate portraiture takes advantage of is how the medium sort of dislocates the subject in time. Saying when a wet plate was taken is difficult. To compound this effect, Bill, Kerik, et al seem to enjoy adding props that further this effect. A sword, top hat, knight's helmet, all of these further cause the viewer to wonder when the image was created.

Soooo.... I was thinkin.... why not ask PStockers to bring a prop or two in this vein for the wet plate portraiture we all know will take place? I know bringing a prop won't guarantee your pic is taken, but it could definitely make for some interesting portrait sessions for everyone! Just an idea.

-James
    ... now just where did I put my codpiece.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looking forward to goin' I'll be there the first weekend through about mid-ish week. Anyone else out there taking the PD-Gum class with Kerik and Ike?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin