Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,336   Online: 964

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photostock 2010: The 5th Annual Northern Michigan Photographer's Gathering

Photostock 2010
    June 18-27
    Harbor Springs, Michigan (Map It!)

http://www.photostock2010.com

Hello All!

It's that time again and I'm happy to announce Photostock 2010 is happening again this June in beautiful Northern Michigan! This year we have a great line-up with workshops with Bob Carnie, David J. Eisenlord, Clay Harmon, Kerik Kouklis and much more.

Workshops this year are as follows and fees include your general registration. As always, even without taking a workshop, there will be plenty to do. Presentations, demonstrations, shooting in some of the most beautiful places in Northern Michigan and more. And, as anyone who has been knows, it is a wonderful time to meet new friends, hang with old ones and spend time with others that do what we all love to do.

This year we will be centering all activities and workshops at the Birchwood Inn, except for the Black and White Darkroom shop which will be held at my house.

Just this morning I was talking to the good people at the Birchwood and am told that rooms are already being reserved by our crowd, so get your reservations in as soon as you can. They will again be offering discounted room rates when you mention the event. This year there will also be a soccer tournament in town for the first 2 days, so I urge everyone to book their rooms soon if coming for the beginning and first workshop of the week.

I will also again be offering limited, free tent camping on my property, but keep in mind that facilities are rustic and we are 12 miles one way from the hotel grounds. If interested in camping, please Click Here.

There are also rental properties available in the area that may suit groups that wish to go in together. If interested, do a search on vacation rentals in the Harbor Springs / Good Hart region. I will also post any vacancies I hear of in this thread.

That's all for now. More announcements will be made as they arise.

Friday - Sunday, June 18-20
    Polymer Photogravure with Clay Harmon

Monday - Wednesday, June 21-23
    Gum Over Platinum
    and
    Negative Creation for Alt. Processes
    with Kerik Kouklis and David Eisenlord

Tuesday, June 22 (Full)
    The Fine Black and White Silver Print
    with Bill Schwab

Wednesday, June 23
    The Fine Black and White Silver Print
    with Bill Schwab

Thursday - Friday, June 24-25
    From Photoshop to the Gallery Wall
    with Bob Carnie of Elevator Digital

Thursday - Friday, June 24-25
    Wet Plate Collodion
    with Kerik Kouklis and Bill Schwab

More information at the Photostock 2010 website.

Thanks and I hope can join us!

Bill Schwab

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Something funny. My husband has never been known for his willingness to spend money. Neither have I, really. But I mentioned Michigan and he's all "I wonder if we could find a babysitter". Heh. He's always wanted to go back to the lakes. He and his dad went when he was a kid.

We may be up. Who knows? It would be a really nice little vacation.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would be great to meet you Stephanie. If you do come, bring prints!

PS.... If you're husband is a fisherman, he'll be a happy guy. Some great Bass swimming around!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photostock 2010 Update

Hello!

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for making registrations so brisk! You folks are great. It's going to be a fine time this year with many returning and an equal amount of new folks that I am excited to meet. So far we have folks from Manitoba to Massachusetts and beyond. Very exciting!

I also wanted to report that the workshops have been filling up quicker than expected and are about half full at this point. The small classes in darkroom printing have filled, but as with all shops, we are keeping an alternates list for the potential openings that may arise. I am going to be officially announcing the event in my newsletters soon, so this is the last reminder amongst the APUGers before that time.

Aside from the workshops as well as some special guest presentations (TBA!), the schedule is still being worked out, so as always, I am looking for participation from those involved. There will of course be the usual portfolio sharing and we are going to continue the tradition of a print swap started by Jeff and Eva Bannow last year, but I am hoping those with special talents, gear, etc will feel free to show and tell. Just let me know and we'll get you on the schedule at a time you can be with us. Also, anyone with gear to sell, trade or giveaway, consider bringing it along as we will be setting up some time for a mini-swap meet of sorts. I know that I have a lot of stuff to add to this and I can't be alone.

Last, but certainly not least... The good folks at the Birchwood Inn are excited to have the telephone ring after a long Northern Michigan winter and are happy that rooms are filling up. I want everyone to realize what this means to a lot of people in the area in these tough times. It is no longer only us camera junkies that look forward to this event, but a lot of the locals that have come to know us. Everyone that has attended in the past has contributed to a great reputation in the area and I can't thank everyone enough for that.

That's all for now! Thanks again and there is more to come.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Should be a great time. Just as note, the Birchwood no longer has ANY closet rooms available. Only the larger ones..... Note that I'm not saying I'm in the closet, so no jokes please! They did say that Mr. Carney had reserved two of them prior to me reserving the last one!
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just registered. I'm looking forward to getting back up there.

Jerry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Registered and reserved a room. Can't wait! Now I just need to put together a new darkroom so I have some stuff to show off! :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was planning to make the trek, but being as I was offered this teaching job, think I will stay in Memphis and make some much needed cash. Film doesn't grow on trees (but it would be awesome if it did.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As much as it would be nice to meet you Tom, I understand. There's always next year.

See you there Andrew and James!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    so it was YOU who got the last closet room huh andy? i just missed it.. i did get a queen room tho. it will be different having all that space!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin