Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,573,004   Online: 852

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm still debating.................still debating.......................................... .....

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doggone it, here I was wondering what I was going to do with June. Just made a reservation at the Birchwood for June 24, 25, 26. See everyone there!

Mike Sherck
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about a newbie to the group? I have not been in that area for years but remember it with joy. I live down here in Dayton Ohio and went in and registered online if you wll will have me? Or Me and my wife Sue? Sue is a great bird watcher, author and guide. We were looking for something to do about that time when I came across the threads.

A short bio of me is, I'm old, well not that old, but studied the zone system under Arnold Gassen at Ohio University in my hippy days in the 70’s. Sue and I have been married about a year and a half; she is a gem and a keeper!

So if you are all up for a newbie to explore the area and tickle some silver halide let me know. I imagine I could join ya about the 23rd or 24th to the 27th. Any and all you can share on the location and area will help jog my memory it may have been back in my Zone Study days when I was last there.

Lee Gephart
    daleeman@yahoo.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Nunn View Post
    I'm still debating.................still debating.......................................... .....
    We look forward to seeing you, Travis. There. Debate over.

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    Doggone it, here I was wondering what I was going to do with June. Just made a reservation at the Birchwood for June 24, 25, 26. See everyone there!
    Mike Sherck
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    How about a newbie to the group?.......... So if you are all up for a newbie to explore the area and tickle some silver halide let me know. I imagine I could join ya about the 23rd or 24th to the 27th.
    Lee Gephart
    daleeman@yahoo.com
    The more the merrier!

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about a newbie to the group?

So if you are all up for a newbie to explore the area and tickle some silver halide let me know. I imagine I could join ya about the 23rd or 24th to the 27th. Any and all you can share on the location and area will help jog my memory it may have been back in my Zone Study days when I was last there.

Lee Gephart
    daleeman@yahoo.com
    Word of warning... just don't get in a car with Marc or Mark. You will see parts of Michigan that defy the laws of normal physical dimensions.

You and Sue are certainly welcome. I am really looking forward to this year's evolving event.
    Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How about a newbie to the group? I have not been in that area for years but remember it with joy. I live down here in Dayton Ohio and went in and registered online if you wll will have me? Or Me and my wife Sue? Sue is a great bird watcher, author and guide. We were looking for something to do about that time when I came across the threads.
    Definitely come on up! We were all newbies at one point This non-traditional event is evolving rather nicely. There are 11 registered for contact info swapping so far and at least three who've expressed interest in going but haven't registered. I'm also planning on calling a couple people who might not know what all is (or isn't) going on. This link of good photo ops in the area might help you out. That and I'd whole heartedly recommend a GPS.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...394775&t=h&z=8
    Last edited by jmxphoto; 04-07-2010 at 05:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    Word of warning... just don't get in a car with Marc or Mark. You will see parts of Michigan that defy the laws of normal physical dimensions. .......
    Ha! Can't argue with that, Tom. But where's your sense of adventure? Was it you that calmly said, "Drive faster, Mark. I think I hear banjos playin'."? In any case, I'm taking the Wrangler this year.....and a map, and a GPS unit, a compass, cell phone, bread crumbs, shovel, winch, flare gun aaaannnd, oh, some camera gear.

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't forget some OBERON!!!! That's the most important!

Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    Ha! Can't argue with that, Tom. But where's your sense of adventure? Was it you that calmly said, "Drive faster, Mark. I think I hear banjos playin'."? In any case, I'm taking the Wrangler this year.....and a map, and a GPS unit, a compass, cell phone, bread crumbs, shovel, winch, flare gun aaaannnd, oh, some camera gear.

Marc
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Don't forget some OBERON!!!! That's the most important!
    Holy crap, you're right, Andy! How could I forget that?!?

Marc

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin