Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,586   Online: 893

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in the processes of building a new website so this is not up to date with my recent "ledges" work... but many of these were made at "John's Ledges" very early in the morning. And as John said, in the early hours people are not an issue. Just click on the word below.

LEDGES

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    I'm in the processes of building a new website so this is not up to date with my recent "ledges" work... but many of these were made at "John's Ledges" very early in the morning. And as John said, in the early hours people are not an issue. Just click on the word below.

LEDGES
    Shawn,
    Great work. Enjoy the compositions and material.
    Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Shawn,

These are really great. Thank you.

You scare me though. Dolly and I honeymoon on an island just north of Boothbay, ME. To get there we had to go by John’s Bay and Poor House Cove. Now 19 years later we have John up on the rocks at John’s Ledges. Help.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    New to us, Mark S or markos will be joining us for the full weekend.
    Welcome!

John

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm looking forward to seeing you all this weekend. It sounds like it will be a great time, and I'm excited about the early morning photography opportunities.

Mark

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Great to have you with us Mark. I hope you enjoy.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I was just asked a very timely question that I thought all would find useful.

“What is the prediction for the mosquito population this weekend. Because of all our rain, they are getting really bad in Illinois & I assume it will be the same in Ohio. The heat is also returning here this weekend. I guess what I'm asking is, are wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts asking for trouble while in the park? “

Not if you don't mind if we call you "BAIT". We have had corn two weeks early this year. The 1/3rd acre pond by the house is FULL. Bring a bathing suit if you like. The water falls are the best I have ever seen. We have more wild raspberries than my wife has seen in the 55 years she has lived here. The mosquitoes are abundant. The black flies are irritating. If you hike between the two water falls and back (two miles) you have to ford the stream six times. Normally you can cross on the rocks. It was ankle deep over the rocks last time I went there. I wear low cut boots.

I hike every other day, eight to twelve miles a week with the girls. I use Deep Woods OFF! Towelettes. The girls run fast. I would buy a box of them at the grocery or drug store and share. It is not bad if you keep moving, but setting up a LF takes time. They love time.

John, Savannah and Cindy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shawn, great work! Wish I could see the prints. I'll miss you guys this weekend - have fun!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks all. Trying to inspire people to come see the park!

We'll miss you as well, Bethe!

John,
    I've got a family picnic Sunday that no one bothered to tell me about until yesterday. I'm working until 6 or 7 Friday night and off Saturday. It looks like rain Friday overnight so I'm planning on heading over very early Saturday morning and spending the day. Since I've got the 1.5ish hour drive I don't want to commit to a certain time in the morning.

If someone can post the plan for Saturday morning (sounds like the ledges?) here Friday night I'll just go straight there. Looking forward to it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like I have a schedule similar to Shawn's except that I may make it back over Sunday morning, but not really early, maybe 8-9am(ish). Saturday morning may be about the same, or maybe a few minutes earlier.

I may have to destroy a tile tub surround and take it down to the studs Sunday, but that depends on other progress this week, and I can probably accomplish that after returning from John's.

It might be prudent to note here that I'm not taking on volunteers to destroy the walls of my house.

Lee
    Last edited by Lee L; 07-14-2010 at 12:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin