Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,492   Posts: 1,571,361   Online: 951

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Bethe, sorry to miss you. Any time you can get away you and Nate are both welcome to visit.

Shawn, see ya when you get here.

Lee L, did I mention that I had demolition training at Fort Leonard Wood?

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Daniel L or dlin will be returning

Cody G or CGross will be coming for the first time.

I met both at the two Bill Schwab gatherings I attended earlier. More good people. Daniel as you know is a great photographer. Cody was just learning when I met him. I am looking forward to great results.

Please bring prints to share.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Lee L, did I mention that I had demolition training at Fort Leonard Wood?

John
    My address is not on Demolition Ave.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Weekend Weather Predictions from Weather.com
    using Richfield, OH 44286 as a base.

Friday:

High 86
    Low 70

Chance of rain 40%

Saturday:

High 86
    Low 69

Chance of rain 0 %

Sunday:

High 87
    Low 70

Chance of rain 20%

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    This may be in the “more than I wanted to know” category.

It is 7:42 AM Thursday and a strange beeping sound started out by the driveway just before both dogs exploded in barking. It must be going to be a weekend of large parties because a truck full of Porta Potties was making its first delivery. Usually they wait until Friday.

Let the games begin.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Friday's weather has moved the 40% chance of rain to the morning. The afternoon and evening should be clear.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi All,
    Is there dinner plans for Friday?

Sue and I are probably going to go to the ledges on Sat AM early walk and shoot after we go to the field where the arena used to be to look for birds. Then probably swing by for moring rolls by 10ish on Sat. Maybe back out for a while if a spot is choosen.

Sat afternoon hot mid day sun may be a good time to see the exhibit at the museum about Detroit and hide from the ugly sun. Evening Sat open to location ideas.

Sunday hope to have suggestions for a morning shoot then join for breakfast. Forget the name of the place we went last time or its location but it was great, hope we can find that place again Sunday.

So looking forward to see everyone. Remeber save up your birding questions for Sue and if some would like to go on a special bird walk Sunday morning I'm certain she would love to do so. Bring binocs.

Lee

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm happy to hear that Daniel Lin is coming; I haven't seen him in a couple of years and greatly admire his photographs. More friends from the Midwest Large Format Asylum are coming, too, and I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones this weekend. Film holders are loaded and I'm ready to roll! I won't have any new prints, though: between power problems, a killer work schedule for the past few weeks, and the high temperatures, all I've managed in the darkroom for the past month is to keep up with developing film.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Lee,

This was the tentative schedule, post #97, which included several of your ideas. Anything can be changed, but this is a starting point.

Tentative Schedule:

Friday: Meet and Greet at our house at 5:00 PM.
    Show and Tell if there are enough people or late afternoon shooting around the pond and woods. We could do Mexican or go to the Musketeers a mile away for pizza and burgers. Think about which you would like to do.

Saturday: There has been a mix of interest in rough terrain. The two waterfalls Blue Hen and Buttermilk are about a mile from the Richfield Family Restaurant. Ritchie or Kendall Ledges are about seven miles away. The Coliseum Grasslands is half way between. All three places can be visited at day break or later. Brunch (10 - 11 AM) can be when people show up at the Richfield Family Restaurant.

In the afternoon people can swap places or we can do show and tell. Talk to me about dinner interests.

Sunday: Early risers go where they want. Meet for rolls and coffee 10:00 AM our house. The Akron Art Museum opens at 11:00 AM and is about a half hour drive from us. Those who want to see the show can go. Those who would prefer to shoot can. If anyone is interested in any of the other places described earlier in the thread I can take you or direct you there and see the show another time.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My brother and his family have been here all week and are leaving on Sat., so as of yet I still don't know if I can make it. If I can I will let you know but it will be spontaneous. I now have a cell phone AND a GPS that works so that helps. so John, if you want to pm me your phone number I'll at least be able to call or text you if I decide to come. But it will be last minute. Just don't know yet.

Dorothy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin